Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: The Grand Final. The season is dead: long live the season!

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    like standing room terraces , full strength beer and smoking at games.
    This sounds great. Miss the standing area at the SCG

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Always have to have the last word. Let it go, mate.
    Allowed to have last word when his point of view was belittled. Must say I've had some ordinary experiences with bulldog supporters.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    This sounds great. Miss the standing area at the SCG
    Yes I had some interesting times on the terraces at Whitten Oval but never got to experience the SCG it is a shame as it certainly created a different more intense feel to the game day experience. I would say however that as an ex smoker I am happy that smoking within the ground is now part of history.

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Always have to have the last word. Let it go, mate.
    A bit of an ironic comment, don't you think mate?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Allowed to have last word when his point of view was belittled.
    Belittle means to make a person or an action seem as if he, she or it is not important so I am curious as to how you felt that his point of view was belittled by me ?
    If anything I was conscious of how the booing had impacted on Bloods05 and said so in my post.

Veterans List
    Belittle means to make a person or an action seem as if he, she or it is not important so I am curious as to how you felt that his point of view was belittled by me ?
    If anything I was conscious of how the booing had impacted on Bloods05 and said so in my post.
    Let's try to settle this pointless debate. General booing in displeasure at a decision.....fine. Booing a player into early retirement.....not fine. Move on now.....

I didn't feel belittled. I just thought you missed the point. All fine.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Let's try to settle this pointless debate. General booing in displeasure at a decision.....fine. Booing a player into early retirement.....not fine. Move on now.....
    I agree. I don't boo often but I did boo the umpires ALOT during the Bulldogs game this year.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I think the hurt delivered to that player should be a lesson that all booing is unacceptable.

Imagine if you went to a game of football with that player would you dare boo at anything. Definitely not.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920