Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grand Final. The season is dead: long live the season!

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    ....... the Dogs knew they were no chance for the whole last quarter and the Dees got to revel in it.
    Yes, Dogs just went through the motions of playing footy in the last quarter didn’t they? Sadly it brought back unhappy flashbacks for me of our last quarter v the Hawks in the 2014 GF ....

Regular in the Side
    couldnt happen to a "nicer club"

The way they have up in the last quarter shows a sign of a club with no soul*.

(* They sold it to the devil in 2016)

Regular in the Side
    you are choking bangalore ,many swans players i would have over bont, would rather have petraca

Senior Player
    Great result for football in general the best team of the season was the best team on the day. The umpiring didn’t become a factor so the game will rightly be remembered for the Demons flicking a switch in the championship quarter and never looking like letting the Dogs back in to it. I wasn’t able to watch much of the second half as I was at the Rugby double header in Townsville so missed the massacre.
    Many of the Dogs fans are not taking it very well and they are not wanting anyone to remind them on their BF page either if this mention from one of the mods is any indication.
    Pre warning to any opp posters - troll here and we will be more than happy to hand out bans (In that kind of mood tbh). Feel free to comment but do so at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I was sitting in a section where my wife and I were the only Swans supporters at the 2016 GF. Great banter and besides the result, had a blast. Based on my experience, they're ok, better than any other Melbourne based side.
    I will never forget them booing the Swans as they took the field. Unforgivable.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    I will never forget them booing the Swans as they took the field. Unforgivable.
    Of course we as Swans supporters would never do that

Senior Player
    Dogs......Gawnski !!! : )

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The only reason we don't like the Dogs is because we got screwed out of a premiership in 2016. But it wasn't their fault that the umps gave them the game and Vic-centred media wanted them to win. If not for that game, I wouldn't have anything against the Dogs. I like their coach and I think their players are pretty much like any other team.

- - - Updated - - -

Lance Franklin?
    Franklin 2014-2018 was better than Bont.

Bont from 2019 onwards has been better than Franklin.

Sometimes opposition players are better than your players.

I like Bont and think he’s the best player in the game.

Heeney has the odd quarter where he matches the Bont but his consistency drops off.

Veterans List
    A lesson for us from that game is very simple: get the centre clearance side of our game fixed. Melbourne turned the game with 4 clean centre clearances for goals in the 3rd quarter. Both sides all game were clean with their centre clearances.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post

Heeney has the odd quarter where he matches the Bont but his consistency drops off.
    Everyone has the right to express an opinion it’s when you declare that no one can dispute your proclamations that annoys many of us as it comes across as arrogance even if it is possibly just misguided confidence.
    The Bont has indisputably been a great player over the last couple of years but if you conduct a career comparison with Luke you see that they have very similar statistics with Bont only significantly ahead in metres gained. Luke is 3 years older and 10 cm shorter and was selected with pick 40 Bont was of course pick 4. One player has certainly outperformed on early expectations.
    I know it’s early days for Bontempelli but in my opinion Luke stacks up pretty well against him.
    Also have a look at Clayton Oliver compared with Bont he outperforms him in most areas was drafted two years later and isn’t even the best player in his team. ( would definitely find a place for him in our side if he wanted out of the Melbourne fishbowl )
    So yes in your opinion he is the best player in the game but there are plenty of others that other supporters would argue deserve that mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post

Bont is a great player and probably should have won the Brownlow. However in the GF he seemed to have played a little more than half a game and Patracca then took the game by the scuff of the neck.
    In our team Heaney is equal in ability but hasn’t got the Bont’s tank so can’t play permanently as a mid, but can be unplayable up front on his day. As for Buddy, there’s no one like Buddy, irrespective which era!