Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: R1 22 2022 - Bring it on

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Maybe its his pressure and defensive play that is allowing others to score !
    Agreed

Haven't seen anything from the Swans to announce when training starts!!!!

And, as usual, the player information is not updated.

How difficult is it to follow up a delisting with an agreed list of actions: clear the locker, hand back the security keys, update the Player profiles etc.

We are a well run Club, and I expect more after SO many years of inaction on this

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Haven't seen anything from the Swans to announce when training starts!!!!
    It appears that training will resume around the 22nd November with Warner and Logan training and staying in W.A. until after the Christmas beak, due to the covid restrictions imposed by Emperor McGowan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Like some have suggested, I started re-watching games from this season. I've only just finished Round 1 v Brisbane. Wicks was tremendous offensively. He kicked 2 great goals. The second, a snap shot on the run from just inside 50; one of the goals of the year.

Cyril was a great defensive forward and set up a lot of his offense by pressure and great tackling. Wicks plays with confidence. Sometimes overconfidence. He's like Papley in that respect. When he has the ball in range of goal, he feels he can kick it. He had a number of close misses this year. I think Wicks is more than just a defensive forward.

It was fun watching the game. Gulden had a spectacular debut. Logan kicked 3. Mills and Heeney were stars. Rowbottom was injured in the 1st quarter but played out the game and played very well. No Franklin. No Hayward. No Jmac. No worries.
    The only thing that stopped Wicks being a gun forward was accuracy

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Maybe its his pressure and defensive play that is allowing others to score !
    If he had kicked accurately he may have kicked 25 which is a pretty good return. But as it was he kicked 17.18

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And, as usual, the player information is not updated.

How difficult is it to follow up a delisting with an agreed list of actions: clear the locker, hand back the security keys, update the Player profiles etc.

We are a well run Club, and I expect more after SO many years of inaction on this
    All clubs are the same. It is not done by the club apparently. It is done by the AFL. News content is provided by the club, after AFL approval. But player profiles and that sort of thing are updated by the AFL according to my source

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    If he had kicked accurately he may have kicked 25 which is a pretty good return. But as it was he kicked 17.18

The thing with Wicks, is he never missed by much. Often they were shots that faded on the way to goal. Generally this happens with a tired kick that lacks penetration.
    Another pre season and adjusting to the fitness level required at AFL level, I expect Wicks to have a more consistent year with higher quality goal kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    All clubs are the same. It is not done by the club apparently. It is done by the AFL. News content is provided by the club, after AFL approval. But player profiles and that sort of thing are updated by the AFL according to my source

Thank you, that is my understanding also, but because I have no definitive source I haven’t posted to that effect in the past.

All the clubs’ websites and apps appear to be run centrally. The formats are all identical and identical to that of the AFL’s own website.

And as you say, it certainly appears as if the updating for all clubs is done centrally. For example, I just checked the player info on the Crows app, and very quickly came to profile info for Ben Davis - who was delisted in October.

So I think we should lay off lambasting the Swans on this topic. And perhaps start lambasting the AFL .... because it is frustrating for supporters.

I disagree, Meg with respect. Just check out the player profile info for example. Some have not been updated for 2-3 years. And that is on the Swans. I have contacted Swans on numerous occasions directly to CEOs requesting the player profiles be reviewed each season and was advised they would commit to doing so. I feel this is disrespectful to the players. The player pics at the beginning of the season are done centrally by AFL I agree and player info is done by stats company whose name escapes me. Many clubs are proactive more than the Swans. So there is player content that the Swans can do themselves but they don't. And it's worse now because clubs are down staff including online / digital staff. So the Swans can do better

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    I disagree, Meg with respect. Just check out the player profile info for example. Some have not been updated for 2-3 years. And that is on the Swans. I have contacted Swans on numerous occasions directly to CEOs requesting the player profiles be reviewed each season and was advised they would commit to doing so. I feel this is disrespectful to the players. The player pics at the beginning of the season are done centrally by AFL I agree and player info is done by stats company whose name escapes me. Many clubs are proactive more than the Swans. So there is player content that the Swans can do themselves but they don't. And it's worse now because clubs are down staff including online / digital staff. So the Swans can do better
    Oh I quite agree that the Swans player profiles are badly out of date. My point was that I have found in the past that other clubs’ sites share the same problem and a quick check on the Crows site today identified a similar issue.

From that I had concluded updates were done centrally, something Wolftones seemed to confirm.

If however you are correct that the club can update this section of their digital presence, then I will happily return to criticising them for not doing so!

There must be a heap of fans with digital skills; the Swans should perhaps call for some volunteer assistance.

Veterans List
    Volunteer, would be great to be involved in the club doing this type of stuff. Stick your hand up Meg :-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234