Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Chatting about Chad

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Y
    Back to skill intangibles. A Rowbottom kick is easier to defend than a Chad kick. It’s usually a quick,short, conservative kick. Defenders are ready for the next play. Chad takes greater risk and plays with more dare. He breaks lines, takes on tacklers then delivers with more penetration with his kicks. Defences are often caught out of position and scrambling to defend this kick. Chad and Rowbotton each had a kick on the stat sheet. Which kick is more dangerous?

This is why people are so excited about Chad, with many buying season passes to Chadmania.

It’s the skill intangibles that aren’t measured on a stat sheet.
    You cannot state simply that one player's kicks are more defendable than another until you see the outcome those kicks. Luke Parker will bomb it of of the centre often only to see it cut off and the defender clearing the ball, Josh Kennedy will often look for the short kick whilst under pressure. It depends on the situation and what options are available.

Once opposition teams do their homework and figure out how to defend Chad he will it harder to get that space.

No I'm not renewing my membership because of "Chadmania" - I'm renewing it because I want to see a group players develop and take the next steps to get us a premiership.

FWIW - I'm of the opinion that Rowbottom once he has bulked up a bit more, he will become our next Luke Parker, in and under getting the ball out to the Chad's as well as giving them the space to demonstrate their talents. You cannot simply compare them as their roles are different.

Lastly, who would I want in the trenches with me? Easy - Jimmy Rowbottom, he will do what is asked of him and won't get you killed trying the flashy stuff.

PS - The truth is starting to come out about MJ he may have been a brilliant player, but he was also an arsehole.
    sprite

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    You are correct. The intangibles can mean qualities such as resilience, grit, effort and leadership. Brett Kirk probably had more ESPN intangibles than football excellence.

I would love to have a debate on Buddy and his intangibles. He’s an amazingly skilled and physically resilient player but he’s never been on a leadership group. No other star player in the competition has publicly said that they are coming to the Swans to play with Buddy. Does he drag and inspire other players through leadership? When you think of leadership intangibles in superstar athletes such as TB12 or Michael Jordan it’s clear that Buddy is a long way behind. NFL players think they’ve found gold in the Andes if TB12 wants them to come and play with him. Buddy doesn’t inspire like that.

Back to skill intangibles. A Rowbottom kick is easier to defend than a Chad kick. It’s usually a quick,short, conservative kick. Defenders are ready for the next play. Chad takes greater risk and plays with more dare. He breaks lines, takes on tacklers then delivers with more penetration with his kicks. Defences are often caught out of position and scrambling to defend this kick. Chad and Rowbotton each had a kick on the stat sheet. Which kick is more dangerous?

This is why people are so excited about Chad, with many buying season passes to Chadmania.

I get your concept, but think you missed the boat re Buddy.

Buddy mightn't have traditionally liked the formality of the leadership group - but the fact is he was part of the eight man leadership group in 2021.

But there are different ways of exhibiting leadership. The Swans - publicly and privately - rave about the way he mentors young players, in both on and off field matters. I'll give you another example: I bet in the NFL, if a big star like Bud had been injured for the year but forced to go into a hub, they would have said, nope, going home to the family. Despite knowing he had no realistic chance of getting on the park in 2020, he stayed in the hub the entire time and poured his time in working with a ridiculously young forward group.

Buddy might be reticent in lots of ways, and has probably shied away from formal leadership roles as a consequence. But there's other ways to exhibit and deliver it.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I get your concept, but think you missed the boat re Buddy.

Buddy mightn't have traditionally liked the formality of the leadership group - but the fact is he was part of the eight man leadership group in 2021.

But there are different ways of exhibiting leadership. The Swans - publicly and privately - rave about the way he mentors young players, in both on and off field matters. I'll give you another example: I bet in the NFL, if a big star like Bud had been injured for the year but forced to go into a hub, they would have said, nope, going home to the family. Despite knowing he had no realistic chance of getting on the park in 2020, he stayed in the hub the entire time and poured his time in working with a ridiculously young forward group.

Buddy might be reticent in lots of ways, and has probably shied away from formal leadership roles as a consequence. But there's other ways to exhibit and deliver it.
    Hear, hear, dear boy.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Suspended by the MRP
    You are correct. The intangibles can mean qualities such as resilience, grit, effort and leadership. Brett Kirk probably had more ESPN intangibles than football excellence.

I would love to have a debate on Buddy and his intangibles. He’s an amazingly skilled and physically resilient player but he’s never been on a leadership group. No other star player in the competition has publicly said that they are coming to the Swans to play with Buddy. Does he drag and inspire other players through leadership? When you think of leadership intangibles in superstar athletes such as TB12 or Michael Jordan it’s clear that Buddy is a long way behind. NFL players think they’ve found gold in the Andes if TB12 wants them to come and play with him. Buddy doesn’t inspire like that.

You make good points but you dress them up in some nonsense . Chadmania ? God help us

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    I can’t believe that a special Chad loving thread was created to indulge some of the posters on here and still it ends up being a place where one posters opinions on the shortcomings of a completely different player dominate.
    I don’t think there is anyone on this forum who has any doubt as to that persons point of view so could they possibly stop voicing it over and over and over etc ?
    It would however be interesting to read the 3 articles mentioned as this might provide some insight into the reasoning behind turning him into a tagger from other impartial sources.
    To be fair, it was me who brought up RB in the first place.....couldn't help myself.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 4th November 2021 at 05:51 PM.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post

PS - The truth is starting to come out about MJ he may have been a brilliant player, but he was also an arsehole.
    sorry. who is MJ and what is he supposed to have done?

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    sorry. who is MJ and what is he supposed to have done?
    It's Michael Jordan - responding to BS and his love of all things 'Murican
    sprite

Senior Player

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    The Royal Challengers Bangalore may sign him up for the IPL. I’ll have to host him at the Bangalore Club.

We’ll get him some Bollywood movies under his Chadmania label.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    My son had analysed Chad’s My Cricket record. His 100 was his 13th game of Cricket in his career. It was his 2nd game of the current season. His 1st game yielded 20 runs from 11 balls.

His last season of Cricket was in the U12 where he averaged 7 runs an innings.

If you have the My Cricket app you can follow Chad’s Cricket games in real time.

I would always be happy to update the forum on Chad’s cricketing performance week to week.

Another impressive showing by Chad during the current cricket season.

He scored 92 in a 35 over game.

Corey scored only 2.

He is averaging 110 this season.

I’m not surprised. He is Chad after all.

Maybe Chad’s new song should

“During the winter he breaks all the lines,
    and during the summer he hits through the lines.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    This is now highly amusing. Please keep it up.

But on that form, I’d be a hard no on Corey.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast