Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Chatting about Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Bangalore, it’s great that you love Chad and soon Corey- terrific. Chad has shown heaps of potential and we all agree that he has the makings of a very good footballer. But he hasn’t yet proven anything to warrant such an obsession.
    Can’t you wait until he shows consistently what he can do, before you continue to idolise him? You are getting carried away after a handful of good games- far too early for all your accolades. You risk giving him a swollen head and that’s the last thing he needs! He could become a star but he is no Isaac Heaney at this stage.
    Are you suggesting that Chad reads Red and White and gets a swollen head by reading my posts on the virtues of Chadmania?

I don’t think any my posts could alter the mindset of a professional athlete?

Chadmania infected me during the 2nd quarter of the round three Richmond game as Chad burst out of the middle and kicked the goal of the round.

I simply won’t accept people trying to dampen my enthusiasm for Chad.

You can’t win on Red and White. TheBloods is derided and vilified for expressing a pessimist view of Rowbottom. I’m now being called out for being optimistic on Chad, a thought process known as Chadmania.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Are you suggesting that Chad reads Red and White and gets a swollen head by reading my posts on the virtues of Chadmania?

Chadmania infected me during the 2nd quarter of the round three Richmond game as Chad burst out of the middle and kicked the goal of the round.

You can’t win on Red and White. TheBloods is derided and vilified for expressing a pessimist view of Rowbottom. I’m now being called out for being optimistic on Chad, a thought process known as Chadmania.
    The Middle Way, Bangalore. You can win with the Middle Way.

The similarity in your examples is that they both seem to be extreme and persistent views. It doesn't mean that they are wrong. It just means that many on RWO generally appreciate more measured, moderate views rather than extremism.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries

I'm happy to go with your - and anyone else's - enthusiasm for Chad.

But could you please extend your logic re him not getting a swollen head from what he reads on here (or doesn't read), to not claiming Chief Doofus 1 (Tom Morris) and Chief Doofus 2 (Sam Edmund) will be traumatised by me dunking on their moronic journalism on here.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post

But could you please extend your logic re him not getting a swollen head from what he reads on here (or doesn't read), to not claiming Chief Doofus 1 (Tom Morris) and Chief Doofus 2 (Sam Edmund) will be traumatised by me dunking on their moronic journalism on here.

Of course the Chad reads R&W- doesn’t everybody?
    That’s why we have to be careful what we say, as it can play havoc with our players’ confidences, hence our attack on TB, which now is buried thank goodness. He has finally seen the light, and hopefully you will soon as well regarding
    Chad mania- give the kid a chance, Bangalore!😊

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Of course the Chad reads R&W- doesn’t everybody?
    That’s why we have to be careful what we say, as it can play havoc with our players’ confidences, hence our attack on TB, which now is buried thank goodness. He has finally seen the light, and hopefully you will soon as well regarding
    Chad mania- give the kid a chance, Bangalore!😊
    I don’t think Chad would get the chance to read Red and White. He would have thousands of direct messages from female admirers to attend too.

Amen to that
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    I don’t think Chad would get the chance to read Red and White. He would have thousands of direct messages from female admirers to attend too.
    That is gold lol

Suspended by the MRP
    Not if they are like my grand daughter , she likes Hayward . She gets grumpy with me when i call him soft

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Is that right. No wonder he ran out of puff at the defensive stoppages against GWS.

(Joking. Kind of).
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Is that right. No wonder he ran out of puff at the defensive stoppages against GWS.

(Joking. Kind of).
    He hadn’t played a full seniors game in weeks, and I think there were too many (including some commentators) overselling what impact he would have coming into the team.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast