Page 460 of 529 FirstFirst ... 360410450456457458459460461462463464470510 ... LastLast
Results 5,509 to 5,520 of 6340

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I don’t want Moore for two reasons. One - he is very injury prone. And two - with De Goey’s future under a big cloud,, the Pies will have the cap space to throw money at Moore if someone tries a bidding war.

No thanks.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I actually don't like the idea of having 2 superstar key forwards on the same team. It draws too much attention from other forward options. I think this would be particularly detrimental for the Swans, because we have such a great cast of small forwards. Our strength is the diversity of options we have up forward.
    It's a bit quiet at this time of year - would like to make that assertion retrospecive and liven things up?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I just finished watching the round 3 game v Richmond. What a pleasure. Wicks was left alone most of the game. He had 13 marks, 3 goals and a poster. Warner also had a super game. His ability to get the ball to boot quickly and then kick long and on target in a split second is impressive, even for a seasoned player. Much to look forward to with both of these players next year.
    My favourite goal of 2021 was Warner taking the ball at the centre bounce, shrugging a tackle and bombing it from 50 metres out.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I don’t want Moore for two reasons. One - he is very injury prone. And two - with De Goey’s future under a big cloud,, the Pies will have the cap space to throw money at Moore if someone tries a bidding war.

No thanks.
    I'm all for starting a bidding war if it forces Collingwood to use up cap space. That's less cap space they can spend on other players. Sometimes the best trades are the ones that are not completed.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    As it stands, we are 5 down on our list from last year. Going into the draft, we have picks 16, 31, 39, 70, 88.

With the de-listings of Carruthers and Ling, as well as the losses of Dawson and Hewett (both who spent time rebounding our of defence), Josh Sinn would be an excellent get with 16. If we really rated him, we could try and trade up by packaging 16 and 39 for example. If Sinn is already taken then JVR is an obvious option but only if he is the best available player overall. We still have a need for a midfielder or rebounding back given our losses.

In the 30's, Rhett Bazzo would be an option for our KP defensive stocks. With the re-signings of Gould, O'Connor and Reid, as well as the possibility of PMac coming onboard, I think the use of a pick in the 30s would be about right for a tall defender.

I really like the look of Angus (Angry?) Anderson and his back story is great too. With his selection onto our list, it would strengthen our support in Northern NSW, just next door to the Sun's own backyard. We could match with 70 and 88 if he is bid on or take him as a rookie selection (Cat B?).

Finally, I'd like us to take someone as a lockdown defender. We have had two of the best in Crouch and Smooch and Harry had a great 2021. There's no one on our current list I can see to replace Harry if he is injured. Would rookie listing Ling be an option if he's over his chronic injuries? Or do our people just not rate him?
    I’ll say it again Sinn is exactly what we need . Has line breaking speed and elite by foot . If it wasn’t for injuries he would be top 5 . Huge upside but there is the risk with some injuries this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    As it stands, we are 5 down on our list from last year. Going into the draft, we have picks 16, 31, 39, 70, 88.

With the de-listings of Carruthers and Ling, as well as the losses of Dawson and Hewett (both who spent time rebounding our of defence), Josh Sinn would be an excellent get with 16. If we really rated him, we could try and trade up by packaging 16 and 39 for example. If Sinn is already taken then JVR is an obvious option but only if he is the best available player overall. We still have a need for a midfielder or rebounding back given our losses.

In the 30's, Rhett Bazzo would be an option for our KP defensive stocks. With the re-signings of Gould, O'Connor and Reid, as well as the possibility of PMac coming onboard, I think the use of a pick in the 30s would be about right for a tall defender.

I really like the look of Angus (Angry?) Anderson and his back story is great too. With his selection onto our list, it would strengthen our support in Northern NSW, just next door to the Sun's own backyard. We could match with 70 and 88 if he is bid on or take him as a rookie selection (Cat B?).

Finally, I'd like us to take someone as a lockdown defender. We have had two of the best in Crouch and Smooch and Harry had a great 2021. There's no one on our current list I can see to replace Harry if he is injured. Would rookie listing Ling be an option if he's over his chronic injuries? Or do our people just not rate him?
    I think we always rated Ling and at one stage he looked as though he was going to put a few games together. But he got injured yet again. It is not his talent they don't trust. It is his body

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Hmmm, two pages of nothing related to trading and drafting ......

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Hmmm, two pages of nothing related to trading and drafting ......
    Including that.....

To return this to the thread purpose and not all about an individual poster, have a look at the kick on this young bloke:

Josh Sinn highlights | 2021 NAB AFL Draft prospect | AFL - YouTube

I’d be more than happy if he slid to our first pick.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    I'm wondering what our recruiting priorities are for this draft. We've been mentioning specific players, but I'm not sure what the overall draft priorities are. Would we be looking at drafting a KPD and two midfielders?
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    I'm wondering what our recruiting priorities are for this draft. We've been mentioning specific players, but I'm not sure what the overall draft priorities are. Would we be looking at drafting a KPD and two midfielders?
    Pick 16 if we still have it on draft night will be best available so probably a mid or a HBF, both to have good foot disposal. Only other likely at 16 (18) you would think would be a KPD.

Still a bit to play out with pick trading which could include doing something with 2022 picks given we have three potential academy draftees next year. Only a handful within the club know our strategy for this draft and next years draft. In KB we trust

Veteran Site Admin
    If you want to talk about our existing roster of players, take it to a 2022 (or 2021 for reminiscences) thread. Or set up a dedicated thread for a player if you think that's worthy.

I've moved the last two pages of Chad talk to a dedicated thread. This one is for those still pondering up coming list changes.

I find the discussion surrounding the merits of Chad and Rowbotton a bit tedious. It's clear where all the protagonists stand and I think it's time we just sit back and enjoy two excellent prospects forge their respective careers.

And after watching the Josh Sinn replays, I think he's perfect for our needs. Hoping he slides to our pick.