Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: comings and goings for Season 2022

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Draw has been published for prems and 19s levels . Season start on April 2 - A bye for North Shore first week - what a shame we cant have a ten team competition at the very least at our premier competition level.
    It's unfortunate to have an odd number of teams and a bye, but couldn't be helped.
    Unfortunately Camden's on-field results last year didn't justify them staying in Prems. Hopefully they can re-set in Platinum this year and have another crack at Prems at some point in the future.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Draw has been published for prems and 19s levels . Season start on April 2 - A bye for North Shore first week - what a shame we cant have a ten team competition at the very least at our premier competition level.
    In my experience and conversations with players a bye is a fantastic addition to the draw and will actually help with players retention.

Today players live a much more balanced life than the generation past. Festivals, Skiing, Trips away with their partner are all things they want to do while still playing football. This year we have Easter, Queens Birthday and 2 byes - a great chance for players to have a break. The VAFA has been scheduling this number of breaks into their season for a number of years now and the players, after initially being sceptical love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    In my experience and conversations with players a bye is a fantastic addition to the draw and will actually help with players retention.

Today players live a much more balanced life than the generation past. Festivals, Skiing, Trips away with their partner are all things they want to do while still playing football. This year we have Easter, Queens Birthday and 2 byes - a great chance for players to have a break. The VAFA has been scheduling this number of breaks into their season for a number of years now and the players, after initially being sceptical love it.
    Appreciate the insight!

Anyone know how the bylaws work in terms of being able to play players grades below? Typically we've only seen byes in low divisions so it's not really an issue. Just hoping there isn't some terrible trickle down effect.

It will be both Prems and Ressies who will have the bye.
    Will be interesting to see what rules are put in place to cover selections.
    Probably have to select your teams 2 weeks out leading into the bye.

After being both sceptical, and critical of the platinum competition I have to admit I was wrong.

With Camden joining the competition and the merger of South West and Campbelltown it arguably looks more interesting than Prems - from a competitive Balance viewpoint.

There also looks to be some healthy rivalries developing, Power v Rams, SWS v Camden, Parra vs Everyone.

What are your thoughts on the new platinum teams?

ROUND 1Saturday, Apr 2
    Camden vs. Macquarie Uni
    Parramatta vs. Balmain
    SWS Blues vs. Randwick City
    Southern Power vs. Penrith Rams

If both Camden and SWS have a win or two to start the year, that might be the kick start towards a finals spot.

Power should be the team to beat still.

Pushing for Selection
    After being both sceptical, and critical of the platinum competition I have to admit I was wrong.

With Camden joining the competition and the merger of South West and Campbelltown it arguably looks more interesting than Prems - from a competitive Balance viewpoint.

There also looks to be some healthy rivalries developing, Power v Rams, SWS v Camden, Parra vs Everyone.

What are your thoughts on the new platinum teams?

ROUND 1Saturday, Apr 2
    Camden vs. Macquarie Uni
    Parramatta vs. Balmain
    SWS Blues vs. Randwick City
    Southern Power vs. Penrith Rams
    Should get a bit more attention than usual. One clubs social media spruiking they'll have Dane Swan lacing up for a guest appearance, which will be a good promotion for them

Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    It will be both Prems and Ressies who will have the bye.
    Will be interesting to see what rules are put in place to cover selections.
    Probably have to select your teams 2 weeks out leading into the bye.
    The rule is whoever played in the higher grade the week before cannot drop down to the lower grade when the higher grade has a bye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting looking at the 2022 comp structure: 46 mens teams and 41 womens,
    North Shore has most teams(14) and are in every comp (except Platinum),
    3 teams move up a grade whilst 8 go down a grade, all the teams moving up are Prem Div clubs, 6 of the 8 teams moving down are Platinum clubs,
    7 new teams added including 2 extra in to Masters and 2 in to U19s Div 2, of the 7 new teams 2 are from the newly merged SWS Blues and the rest are Prems clubs,
    only 1 Platinum club has an U19s team.
    So what we can deduce from this is that the big clubs (Prems clubs) get stronger while the rest struggle.Exception being SWS Blues who through their merge appear to be stronger and bigger.
    Another interesting season ahead of us. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by andreww1 View Post
    Interesting looking at the 2022 comp structure: 46 mens teams and 41 womens,
    North Shore has most teams(14) and are in every comp (except Platinum),
    3 teams move up a grade whilst 8 go down a grade, all the teams moving up are Prem Div clubs, 6 of the 8 teams moving down are Platinum clubs,
    7 new teams added including 2 extra in to Masters and 2 in to U19s Div 2, of the 7 new teams 2 are from the newly merged SWS Blues and the rest are Prems clubs,
    only 1 Platinum club has an U19s team.
    So what we can deduce from this is that the big clubs (Prems clubs) get stronger while the rest struggle.Exception being SWS Blues who through their merge appear to be stronger and bigger.
    Another interesting season ahead of us. Enjoy!

Hi Andrew - an excellent summary of the comp structure. Where did you get the information from as nothing on the Syd AFL website. Can you share.

Hi Andrew - an excellent summary of the comp structure. Where did you get the information from as nothing on the Syd AFL website. Can you share.
    All clubs received the structure on Friday. I assume it will be on their site soon. Full divisional draw should be done in the next week or so.

I hope everyone's facilities and people are OK, particularly SWS, NW Jets and Camden come to mind given the deluge.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast