Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Pre-season begins

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Interesting analysis Deja. Thanks. Injuries always plays a big part in a team's fortunes and importantly to whom. I had feeling the call on Buddy's hamstring during the 2020 pre-season where he felt soreness but got cleared to continue training, only for it to go shortly after & ended up missing entire season, was the catalyst for the change. Great to see he played more games than expected last season. Maybe the club as a whole got to better understand how to manage Buddy with his advancing years & injury history, rather than laying blame squarely on couple of medical staff. Good to see Buddy training with the main group & in match sims for this time of year! No delayed start to season. Fingers crossed!
    And doesn't Buddy look fit. Last year, he looked fitter than he had for ages, and from the snippets that I've seen of him, he looks fitter now.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Latest installment......a good one.
    I enjoyed the practice game footage too. Going OK in the wet, and looks like umpire Brett Rosebury officiating?

Sights and Sounds: Training 4 February 2022 - YouTube

Swans to play their practice match against the Giants, at 6pm on 25/2 in Albury. I wonder if the punchable one is allowed to play in that game for the Giants?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I enjoyed the practice game footage too. Going OK in the wet, and looks like umpire Brett Rosebury officiating?

Yes, it looked like Rosebury. There was another one there, who didn't recognise from behind. Dean Cox was also blowing a whistle.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post

That's good about Rosebury - the rule/interpretation changes look significant this year, will take some getting used to.

Veterans List
    A more comprehensive and insightful injury report than we're used to getting, I hope we continue to get this standard of report as the season progresses.

Be nice if every player who isn't playing is on the weekly report, no more ghost players who just disappear.

Veterans List
    This is quite funny. Dylan Stephen's comment is the best.

Valentines Day Stitch Up - YouTube

intra club this friday 4qtrs !!!!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    The Mills situation is a bit of a worry. I’m sure the club and he are probably just treading carefully, and apparently it was around for most of last season too - which suggests they can successfully get him on the park.

But we know limited preseason’s can hurt players badly. He’s such an essential part of our midfield mix with his big body, smarts and accumulation and we saw the effect of him missing in the GWS final.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    intra club this friday 4qtrs !!!!!
    Details? I can't see anything on the website . . .

Mcinerney mentioned it in that recent video.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    The Mills situation is a bit of a worry. I’m sure the club and he are probably just treading carefully, and apparently it was around for most of last season too - which suggests they can successfully get him on the park.

But we know limited preseason’s can hurt players badly. He’s such an essential part of our midfield mix with his big body, smarts and accumulation and we saw the effect of him missing in the GWS final.
    Achilles injuries are terrible. I have a friend, an elite age group marathon runner, took her over 2 years to build back up to 42km, despite intensive physio and multiple sport doctor visits. I think Gardiner said it was one step forward, two steps back with this type of injury - I'd say ten steps back, one step forward for my friend. Hoping Mills is not in the same boat but from what has been reported, will be surprised if he's lining up R1.