Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Pre-season begins

Suspended by the MRP
    We are @@@@@@ without Mills , pardon my french
    Last edited by liz; 16th February 2022 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Please don't evade the swear filter. It's there for a reason.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    I've said before that not everything is black or white. We would find it hard to replace Mills, IF we had to.But, of course, someone would step up.It would not be the end!
    Last edited by liz; 16th February 2022 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Edited quoted text

Veteran Site Admin
    So much for our much-vaunted (on here) depth if the possible restriction of one player is our doom.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    So much for our much-vaunted (on here) depth if the possible restriction of one player is our doom.
    +1

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I've said before that not everything is black or white. We would find it hard to replace Mills, IF we had to.But, of course, someone would step up.It would not be the end!
    Chad would step up , i look forward to it , but still wont be enough . He and Parker need help and reckon the cliff will come fast for Joey

Hope Stephens gets a go , he will smash it

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    You can write 'merde'. The filter doesn't pick it up. See?!

Mills didn't rupture his Achilles. He just has tendinitis, I believe. It is a tricky injury though, because it requires a combination of both rest and work. But what combination? I hope our physio knows.

Anyway, I had JPK as the medical sub or replacement for Mills or Parker. So we should be okay even if Mills isn't quite ready for round 1. Hopefully it's no worse than a delayed start to the season, because he is a critical player.

Here's part of the Physio's report from 12 Aug 2021 on Callum:

It's a really unfortunate situation for Callum after he was a late withdrawal from the game with some Achilles tendon pain.

Callum has been really good with managing his Achilles tendon throughout the year but had a minor setback when he had to go into isolation for 14 days.

His pain worsened and had a setback last week off the back of the Essendon game, but he managed to train okay during the week, but his Achilles flared up during the pre-game warm up.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 16th February 2022 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Added news from August 12 2021

Heeney is the man. Mark my words.

yep but two guys of the level of Mills and Heeney plus Kennedy makes for very challenging opposition coaching

It is a tricky injury to manage for Mills

Fingers crossed
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    We're not doomed. We've got Chad and RB, Stephens, JMac, Heeney even Papa who can play inside. And that's even before we need to turn to our two draftees in Sheldrick and Roberts.

Has anyone else heard where and when for the intra club this friday 4qtrs ?

Was mentioned by Jmac in his interview this week

If they have another 4 quarter hitout tomorrow then they are super fit.
    I watched 3 quarters of about 20 minutes time with full oval and proper umpiring.
    Impressive morning from 9am on a hot day. Maybe they bought it forward.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    If they have another 4 quarter hitout tomorrow then they are super fit.
    I watched 3 quarters of about 20 minutes time with full oval and proper umpiring.
    Impressive morning from 9am on a hot day. Maybe they bought it forward.
    Today?