Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season begins

I wonder whether the huge Covid outbreak in Sydney at present will impact on pre-season training approach and location? The players from WA in particular may be reluctant to arrive in Sydney this week?

I think that this week will be better than in 3 weeks time to arrive in Sydney and get in a covid19 bubble

All trend lines are for more people to experience covid19 around the world

It will be a very strange season this year with omicron being so transferable

Warming the Bench
    The biggest worry I think will be the fact the younger interstate boys might feel like they will need the safety of there families if this latest strain completely takes over like it is threatening to do.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Great Pre-Season insight.

Interesting insight on Heeney’s running. I’ve always thought of Heeney as a medium pacer who is not particularly sharpe over short distances. Is my observation correct, or does his graceful running technique make him appear slower than what he actually is?

Interesting that Sheather was not training, TheBloods has Sheather in the 2022 round one team. He must be falling behind schedule for that round one debut.

Are there any young guys training the house down like Chad in 2021, where you can predict a surprise round one debut?
    Your latter observation re Heeney is the correct one. He’s so damn smooth. His first step or two mightn’t be quick, but watch him gather speed over 10m. He really powers away from a contest and part of that is due to his poise.

It’s the same as watching him when the ball is in play up on a wing, and then he heads back into the F50 to be a marking target. He has a real surge on him.

The other thing Heeney has that’s unique is his balance. There are times 99 percent of players would lose their feet and go to ground from contact. Heeney just rolls on and knocks out a 40m pass on his non- preferred.

Rodney Eade once wonderfully described Adam Goodes as moving like a ball. Heeney is similar.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Mills, McInerney and Heeney all seem to have good acceleration but hit their top speed fairly quickly ue after 20m

But for me the Parker, Kennedy, Heeney and Mills rotation hunting from the middle could be an extremely formidable combo with a few our transition mids around them

Pretty exciting actually

Veterans List
    Any news on training recommencing?

Anyone venturing to watch and report back?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Any news on training recommencing?

Anyone venturing to watch and report back?
    You’d need to know where they are training to go and watch.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    You’d need to know where they are training to go and watch.
    Do I detect a touch of frustration with the club's media section Liz?

The way this wave of Covid is raging, one has to wonder how the season will pan out. Can't believe President McGowan is talking about opening the WA borders in February when they are basically enjoying a Covid free existence in Westralia by keeping them shut.

Veteran Site Admin
    No. The club, as a rule, doesn't seem to actively encourage people to go and watch training, and I don't have a particular view on that. It was just an observation that they don't have access to their normal training facilities this week.

I really don’t know how the 2022 season is going to go.

I go to the SCG to watch the test match today. Upon exiting the venue, I walk past the Swans SCG Gym.

The lights are off and there is no one in there. I was hoping to see some young player in there by himself training Ronnie Colman style.

Some young guy doing extras, and dedicating himself to knocking off one of the older players.

I see none of that.

Where is the desire? Whom is going to use that gym when no one is watching.

I don’t think I’m over reacting here.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    I really don’t know how the 2022 season is going to go.

I go to the SCG to watch the test match today. Upon exiting the venue, I walk past the Swans SCG Gym.

The lights are off and there is no one in there. I was hoping to see some young player in there by himself training Ronnie Colman style.

Some young guy doing extras, and dedicating himself to knocking off one of the older players.

I see none of that.

Where is the desire? Whom is going to use that gym when no one is watching.

I don’t think I’m over reacting here.
    So now all of a sudden, the young Swans are complacent and have no desire? You're definitely overreacting.

Omi

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast