Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season begins

I would not read too much into it. I am guessing they would be trying to minimise the number of players unnecessarily hanging around the club after hours.

Did tramway oval look like it was ready to be used for training? I remember walking by pre-christmas and seeing some grass regeneration being done for a few small areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post

I don’t think I’m over reacting here.
    😃😁😆🤣😂

- - - Updated - - -

I really don’t know how the 2022 season is going to go.

I go to the SCG to watch the test match today. Upon exiting the venue, I walk past the Swans SCG Gym.

The lights are off and there is no one in there. I was hoping to see some young player in there by himself training Ronnie Colman style.

Some young guy doing extras, and dedicating himself to knocking off one of the older players.

I see none of that.

Where is the desire? Whom is going to use that gym when no one is watching.

Ronnie Colman. Jesus wept.

Veterans List

I go to the SCG to watch the test match today. Upon exiting the venue, I walk past the Swans SCG Gym.

The lights are off and there is no one in there. I was hoping to see some young player in there by himself training Ronnie Colman style.

Some young guy doing extras, and dedicating himself to knocking off one of the older players.

I see none of that.

With such high COVID numbers I don't think the club wants any players going near the public.

Are the swans actually back training? I haven't seen any information on the swans app. They normally have a photo gallery.

I wonder if there have been more positive cases.

I doubt they will be anywhere around the SCG where the Ashes Test is in progress this week.

I see none of that.

1st post of the year where 1 + 1 = 497.525212312312 .

Given crowds at the test matches, I'd suspect the club probably has a) been training elsewhere (if players are back), b) discouraging players to go anywhere near Moore Park given our covid troubles already and c) it's worth noting a lot of players probably have plenty of gym gear at home they can use.

But hey, we are used to it on here, so keep the strange and wacky posts coming, to fill the rest of pre-season in ha!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List

Err, I think you are. No one knows what the training timetable is or even restrictions the players might be facing in these strange times.....your post is conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    1st post of the year where 1 + 1 = 497.525212312312 .

Given crowds at the test matches, I'd suspect the club probably has a) been training elsewhere (if players are back), b) discouraging players to go anywhere near Moore Park given our covid troubles already and c) it's worth noting a lot of players probably have plenty of gym gear at home they can use.

But hey, we are used to it on here, so keep the strange and wacky posts coming, to fill the rest of pre-season in ha!
    What do SCG crowds have to do with training at the Swans facility or COVID. The Swans facilities are closed off to the public. I don’t walk past Longmire’s office or the Weights room to get a meat pie.

One of the Swans players could walk in, use the facilities and have no else one around.

I once walked past that Gym and saw a young Dawson in their all by himself. What a great player he turned out to be.

It’s the extra’s that count.

Everyone player on the Swans list needs to be ready to play seniors this year. You can see from the Big Bash League that sides can lose many players.

The Swans may be as much as 10 players down one week if COVID hits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Err, I think you are. No one knows what the training timetable is or even restrictions the players might be facing in these strange times.....your post is conjecture.
    Red and White is conjecture. It’s what sports fan sites are all about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post

What do SCG crowds have to do with training at the Swans facility or COVID. The Swans facilities are closed off to the public. I don’t walk past Longmire’s office or the Weights room to get a meat pie.

One of the Swans players could walk in, use the facilities and have no else one around.

I once walked past that Gym and saw a young Dawson in their all by himself. What a great player he turned out to be.

It’s the extra’s that count.

Everyone player on the Swans list needs to be ready to play seniors this year. You can see from the Big Bash League that sides can lose many players.

The Swans may be as much as 10 players down one week if COVID hits.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

What an odd comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    With such high COVID numbers I don't think the club wants any players going near the public.

Are the swans actually back training? I haven't seen any information on the swans app. They normally have a photo gallery.

I wonder if there have been more positive cases.
    At 45,000 cases in NSW and 51,000 in Victoria, COVID infection is pretty much inevitable for any citizens who don’t put themselves into self imposed lockdown.

I would love GoSwannies and other medical experts on Red and White to answer this question.

“Is it preferable for the Swans squad to get COVID now and build up some COVID immunity for the upcoming season?

Getting COVID during the season would lead to a lot of players missing games.

“Are you less likely to get Omricom if you’ve already had it”

I’m not an expert and would appreciate some expert analysis.

At 45,000 cases in NSW and 51,000 in Victoria, COVID infection is pretty much inevitable for any citizens who don’t put themselves into self imposed lockdown.

I would love GoSwannies and other medical experts on Red and White to answer this question.

“Is it preferable for the Swans squad to get COVID now and build up some COVID immunity for the upcoming season?

Getting COVID during the season would lead to a lot of players missing games.

“Are you less likely to get Omricom if you’ve already had it”

I’m not an expert and would appreciate some expert analysis.
    Keir Starmer, the UK opposition leader, has just tested positive for the second time in two months. Getting infected offers minimal protection.

Veterans List
    I always believed that natural Covid 'immunity' is a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I doubt they will be anywhere around the SCG where the Ashes Test is in progress this week.
    If the cricket is on they normally train on Moore Park Oval. If that is a problem, as with COVID, Henson Park, Marrickville

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast