Hi all, I know we already have a drafting thread (that goes off topic quite a bit!) but I wanted to start one for people on here that are real draft watchers/tragic's like myself that usually always have that one or 2 players that we really want the club to select (but usually never do...lol).

I'll start here with who I want us to pick tonight. While there are a few players I'd really love us to get (Matthew Johnson, Wanganeen-Milera, Josh Sinn, Darcy Wilmot) I will not say them as it is genuinely expected that none of them will be available with our first selection tonight post the Ladhams trade.

In most phantoms they are picking us to select Tom Brown who does look a really good player and solid pick but I don't necessarily want us to take him myself for one main reason... a strong go home factor! He is a Victorian lad (albeit played for the Murray Bushrangers) and the son of a former Geelong player. The cats are pretty well known as aggressive recruiters and I feel that they will come after him due to his family ties and if he shows good form after his first couple years.

Go home factor is strong when thinking of any draft selection, particularly after what we've just gone through with Dawson... but I'm selecting a Victorian anyway, a Vic Metro rep no less! I want us to pick..... Zac Taylor!

Now I know that there is a chance he may even be available with our 2nd pick but there's just something about him that I really like and feel we need so would hate to miss him! He's a ball winning mid who has great skills and footy smarts that reminds me a bit of Lachie Neale.

There are other's who I wouldn't mind either in Knevitt, Chesser and Sonsie but I really feel some real ball winning ability with some polish will add to our current mix of midfielders, hence my love of Taylor.

I'll go on the record to say that in years past I really wanted us to take Jy Simpkin and Caleb Serong who both were selected after our first picks in their particular drafts and both look like players we'd really love right now IMO.

I would love to hear your thoughts about who YOU want us to draft first tonight???

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk