Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: BBBH

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BBBH

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Look Bazza did a few naughty things. So, he was a naughty boy lol. But what a player. If they want someone to instil aggression, the aggression that wins premierships, I can think of nobody better. He is also a lovely bloke. So they get a bloke who was a star and a prize fighter as well as played the game really hard. He was the last of the hard men.

So glad to hear he is back. He cried when he left the Swans. It was his home, his family. Now he returns to the fold, the prodigal son.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk
    He was a great champion. I remember shaking Barry’s hand in late 2005 at the Cargo Upstairs bar (I was always upstairs). I told him what a legend his was and how awesome the premiership was. Barry had this bemused look on his face but handled my enthusiasm like a champion.

With Barry he said in an interview with Mike Sheehan that towards the end of his Swans tenure that young Swans players used to give it to him in the “Leading Teams” forums.

I was appalled to hear that young Swans upstarts were giving feedback to Barry and trying to look like a leader. How dare a young Swans player question a premiership captain like Barry. He didn’t name who the young player was but I have my suspicions.

Does anyone know who the young upstart was who dared to question Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    He was a great champion. I remember shaking Barry’s hand in late 2005 at the Cargo Upstairs bar (I was always upstairs). I told him what a legend his was and how awesome the premiership was. Barry had this bemused look on his face but handled my enthusiasm like a champion.

With Barry he said in an interview with Mike Sheehan that towards the end of his Swans tenure that young Swans players used to give it to him in the “Leading Teams” forums.

I was appalled to hear that young Swans upstarts were giving feedback to Barry and trying to look like a leader. How dare a young Swans player question a premiership captain like Barry. He didn’t name who the young player was but I have my suspicions.

Is there anything with won't feint faux outrage with?
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar

Barry was a champion but he also had a few flaws in his capacity to control his anger. I've got no problem with any one of his team mates calling out any crap of his. He lost the trust of the leadership group, they needed him to stay composed and lead them, not sit on the sidelines suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    Barry was a champion but he also had a few flaws in his capacity to control his anger. I've got no problem with any one of his team mates calling out any crap of his. He lost the trust of the leadership group, they needed him to stay composed and lead them, not sit on the sidelines suspended.
    The whole idea of the Leading Teams approach was for people to give frank feedback to each other regardless of rank.

I agree with GS that Barry lost the confidence of his teammates in his final season with us due to poor onfield behaviour. It was a shame as he was a champion player before that. He was one of the best players in the AFL in 2005 and 2006. Our recruiting of him was a master-stroke.

Veterans List

No one is immune from criticism. Yes, BBBH was a champion but he was far from perfect. It matters little who the 'young up start' was, I trust the Swans to internally work these things out if anything is seen as a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    No one is immune from criticism. Yes, BBBH was a champion but he was far from perfect. It matters little who the 'young up start' was, I trust the Swans to internally work these things out if anything is seen as a problem.
    The fact that Barry mentioned the leading teams feedback in his Open Mike interview means the process of a young player giving him feedback does not sit easily with him.

I’m old school and believe that young players should not be telling older champions like Barry how to behave. The young guys should do their time and let the experienced guys talk to Barry.

I don’t believe it was Hannenberry. In 2009, Hannenberry was a 1st year player doing high school out of Melbourne and getting himself into trouble for throwing eggs. I don’t think a high school egg thrower would have the hide to lecture BBBB.

Nick Smith could be plausible. I’ve got some one else in mind.

The fact that Barry mentioned the leading teams feedback in his Open Mike interview means the process of a young player giving him feedback does not sit easily with him.

I’m old school and believe that young players should not be telling older champions like Barry how to behave. The young guys should do their time and let the experienced guys talk to Barry.

I don’t believe it was Hannenberry. In 2009, Hannenberry was a 1st year player doing high school out of Melbourne and getting himself into trouble for throwing eggs. I don’t think a high school egg thrower would have the hide to lecture BBBB.

Nick Smith could be plausible. I’ve got some one else in mind.
    Enough with the bizarre witch hunt.

You can believe whatever you want to believe, live in whatever 'yesterdays' age your mind wants to live in. But you aren't part of the football club, and this really doesn't matter.
    Last edited by mcs; 16th January 2022 at 02:12 PM.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Enough with the bizarre witch hunt.

You can believe whatever you want to believe, live in whatever 'yesterdays' age your mind wants to live in. But you aren't part of the football club, and this really doesn't matter.
    I’m going on what Barry Hall said. I’ve asked for information and accused nobody.

FYI, Barry was the most important player during the Swans 2003-2006 glory run.

If not for Barry, all of you would not have had your break through premiership.

If Barry doesn’t like young upstarts giving him feedback then all of you should be on Barry’s side. Don’t back the accounts on the greatness of leading teams from Brandon Jack.

I’m going on what Barry Hall said. I’ve asked for information and accused nobody.

If Barry doesn’t like young upstarts giving him feedback then all of you should be on Barry’s side. Don’t back the accounts on the greatness of leading teams from Brandon Jack.
    @@@@ off with telling people what they should think or what they should do already..... its utterly nauseating.

You can believe what you want. But stop trying to tell other people what they should think.

Veterans List

If Barry didn't like being given feedback then he shouldn't have been punching guys in the head...(or attempting to punch them). He cost the side with his actions. I'm sure the young player was frustrated by Barry's actions. I'm glad that our club encourages feedback...that is how we can improve.

Fair dinkum mate. This is getting beyond silly and edging into crazy.

Pretty sure it was Dan Hannebery and Nick Smith.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast