Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictions for Season 2022

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I think unfortunately for Sam, his own body and the long-term planning of the club for post Bud has got in his way.

Clearly, they’ve recruited Ladhams as Hickey’s successor, but he’ll play a chunk of games up front. Logan needs to be given as many games as his maturing body allows. 15-17 for 25 goals would be terrific for a second year KPF.

I noted above the role McLean and Amartey will play as part of a rotational collective. Then there is Bud.

Sam has been unfortunate and when he plays well, he’s an excellent contributor. But footy is brutal.

He’s been offered a cheap one year contract to see if he can fill a hole down back whilst we are light on down there and otherwise thereabouts. I’m not convinced he’ll succeed either, but hope he does.
    I agree with most of what you’ve said apart from the followers role. I don’t believe Reid is as effective in the relieving tap ruck role as either ladhams or Armartey but neither do I think that is overly important. Provided he can deny clear possessions to opposition mids then I believe he can be of far more value around the ground. I also believe that as a forward/utility back he offers significantly more than any of those on the rotation.

As for my predictions:

Premiers- Western Bulldogs. I think they have the list and after last year’s failure the motivation to go one more step.

Swans - 3rd. I think we can win as many games as last year and go through to the finals. I don’t think we can beat either Bulldogs or Port at full strength.

Brownlow: Dangerfield. He has a poor run with injuries so if fully fit he is still a force.

SwansB&F: Dane Rampe. Released from his role as a key defender, I believe he will be the player to release others much like Dawson did last year. Mind you as an ex-coach I’m biased.

Coleman: Lance Franklin. Again my bias is evident as he has contributed so much to the club and the game.

Rising Star: Mark Sheather. Again a profound kick and noted converter. Hopefully he’s fit and will have the chance to perform at the highest level.

I think 3rd for us feels like a positive but realistic prediction.

I think the Bulldogs are going to have an awesome list for years to come but I'm not confident that they and Port will leapfrog Melbourne. I think we can beat any team on our day. While we hav- e a mix of older statesmen and younger players still to enter their prime, I feel like our chance to win a flag is there now. Hopefully our midfield, with Mills and Heeney, and the development of the likes of Rowbottom, Warner and Stephens, is going to be stronger this year but it will be a while before McDonald can fill the place of Buddy and the handover from Rampe to the next generation may take time to settle also. So now is as good as next year to strike!
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Swans are making the GF this year. From there anything can happen.
    Last edited by liz; 15th February 2022 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Off topic material deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Swans are making the GF this year. From there anything can happen.
    Will be happy with top 4, which I think is highly achievable given a good run with injuries to key players.

After that, anything is possible!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Will be happy with top 4, which I think is highly achievable given a good run with injuries to key players.

After that, anything is possible!
    Mills still troubled by his achilles, woe and disaster, we have no depth so bottom 4 beckons!

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Mills still troubled by his achilles, woe and disaster, we have no depth so bottom 4 beckons!
    Like your sense of humour, 707. TheBloods is worried though! I’m thinking he may say that Rowy can fill Millsey’s role without a drop in quality- what are the chances?

Like your sense of humour, 707. TheBloods is worried though! I’m thinking he may say that Rowy can fill Millsey’s role without a drop in quality- what are the chances?
    Chad for Brownlow!

Suspended by the MRP
    Ha ha

Did Mills missing plus a couple others make the difference in the game against GWS in the first final?

Yep......a few key players makes a massive difference come a one game finals outcome

But it is a fair argument less so over a season give that most teams have ad hoc injuries of important players over a whole season - so tends to average out somewhat

Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    As for my predictions:

Premiers- Western Bulldogs. I think they have the list and after last year’s failure the motivation to go one more step.

Swans - 3rd. I think we can win as many games as last year and go through to the finals. I don’t think we can beat either Bulldogs or Port at full strength.

Brownlow: Dangerfield. He has a poor run with injuries so if fully fit he is still a force.

SwansB&F: Dane Rampe. Released from his role as a key defender, I believe he will be the player to release others much like Dawson did last year. Mind you as an ex-coach I’m biased.

Coleman: Lance Franklin. Again my bias is evident as he has contributed so much to the club and the game.

Rising Star: Mark Sheather. Again a profound kick and noted converter. Hopefully he’s fit and will have the chance to perform at the highest level.
    Lets hope not Graeme on the first one, but fear you may be not far off the money.

I think we can significantly improve this season but wouldn't suprise me if we tread water a little. Going to be interesting to see.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Because of Covid I'm choosing to avoid some of my usual social events, I'm instead watching a few of our winning 2021 games, some for a third time :-)

Not sure if it's just me having a strange aversion or it's the 2016 GF memories but, and I'm serious here, the blue in the Dogs jumper makes me feel a touch nauseous,
    I had to stop watching! Put me off the excellent Shiraz I was drinking - true!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast