Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictions for Season 2022

Veterans List
    Hard to see Melbourne not making the top 4.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Hard to see Melbourne not making the top 4.
    This IS Melbourne we're talking about here. If there's one club capable of seriously underperforming it is most certainly Melbourne. Exhibits A and B are the 2019 and 2020 seasons. They had no business finishing as low as they did in either of those seasons, or as playing with as little commitment or passion as they exhibited in their worst performances.

On talent, and the evidence of 2021, I agree they should finish top 4. But if a few things go against them I won't be surprised to see them drop their collective bundle and drop down the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    This IS Melbourne we're talking about here. If there's one club capable of seriously underperforming it is most certainly Melbourne. Exhibits A and B are the 2019 and 2020 seasons. They had no business finishing as low as they did in either of those seasons, or as playing with as little commitment or passion as they exhibited in their worst performances.

On talent, and the evidence of 2021, I agree they should finish top 4. But if a few things go against them I won't be surprised to see them drop their collective bundle and drop down the ladder.
    Yes, I tend to think that a Melbourne premiership hangover is on the cards.

My top6 in no particular order

Bulldogs
    Melbourne
    Port
    GWS
    Bears
    Swans

Malthouse is tipping Essendon to win flag this year. Has very high opinion of their list.

Malthouse claims Bombers hold premiership credentials - AFL News - Zero Hanger

Well, that almost guarantees they'll miss the eight. Mick has been off with his predictions for years, now.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cherub View Post
    Well, that almost guarantees they'll miss the eight. Mick has been off with his predictions for years, now.
    Remember the time when he announced at the start of the season that he couldn't see how Carlton could possibly lose a game that season? I think that was his final year in charge when he was sacked after round 8 with Carlton having won just one game.

Edit: Found a source. (The prediction is towards the end of the article.)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/71529/ma...tion-for-blues

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Malthouse is tipping Essendon to win flag this year. Has very high opinion of their list.

Game passed him by a decade ago. Take whatever he reckons, consider the complete opposite and you'll get a lot closer to the likely outcome
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post

The degree to which he lost his mind whilst coaching Carlton is poorly understood

I mean, I think Essendon are doing an ok job of building their list, but this is laughable.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Remember the time when he announced at the start of the season that he couldn't see how Carlton could possibly lose a game that season? I think that was his final year in charge when he was sacked after round 8 with Carlton having won just one game.

Malthouse contract talk 'will be a distraction' for Blues
    Thanks for the great laugh Liz, how big was Malthouse's ego!

Malthouse contract talk 'will be a distraction' for Blues
    Mick Malthouse says it’s difficult to see Carlton losing in AFL season 2015 | Herald Sun
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    There was also this classic of the genre on our prospects heading into the finals in 2012.

Mick: Swans, Crows not worthy

(My only caveat on Mick was he was a fierce defender of Goodes.)
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast