Thread: Reserves practice match v GWS

Reserves practice match v GWS

I have repeatedly tried to find out from the club where the reserves practice match is being held.
    The only advice I have had to date is that it is nearby to Accor Stadium.
    Does anyone have any better information?

Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    I have repeatedly tried to find out from the club where the reserves practice match is being held.
    The only advice I have had to date is that it is nearby to Accor Stadium.
    Does anyone have any better information?
    I don’t know - but ‘nearby to Accor Stadium’ could mean Tom Wills Oval which is also at Olympic Park.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    According to this it is Tom Wills Oval at 1pm

VFL practice matches kick off on Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    According to this it is Tom Wills Oval at 1pm

VFL practice matches kick off on Wednesday
    Thanks. I did not know this venue was here. Thanks again

Thanks for the heads up on the venue.
    The best thing is I am confident I’ve got a great parking spot for an easy exit tonight. Next was watching this game.
    Not that it was great.
    The oval is quite exposed and there was a fair amount of wind. Our game plan had much more “kick it long” which was less effective than their short marking game. I reckon their marks were double ours.
    For grown up people the allowance for wind when kicking for goal was appalling. Out of bounds appalling.
    Other Bads.
    Ladhams didn’t impress with ruckwork marking or energy.
    Gould still doesn’t defend closely although he does some good things. Maybe that is what the coaches want from him but it doesn’t auger well for a key position player.
    The Goods.
    Sheather is going to be a beauty - a Heeney lookalike but already a midfield terrier.
    Warner the younger was not drafted because of his name - a wingers game but great willingness to get down and dirty. Just the sort of development we are asking of Stephens.
    Clarke Fox and Taylor gave their all and are the brains and brawn to protect the youngsters.
    Reid is still a beautiful player - played entirely defensive end.
    Amarty played maybe a half and took some good marks and kicked some goals. He looked sore though.
    Now for the big dance

No Roberts so maybe he was a Covid contact - otherwise he might have played in AFL rather than sheldrick

Thanks MM for the ressies report!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the venue.
    The best thing is I am confident I’ve got a great parking spot for an easy exit tonight. Next was watching this game.
    Not that it was great.
    The oval is quite exposed and there was a fair amount of wind. Our game plan had much more “kick it long” which was less effective than their short marking game. I reckon their marks were double ours.
    For grown up people the allowance for wind when kicking for goal was appalling. Out of bounds appalling.
    Other Bads.
    Ladhams didn’t impress with ruckwork marking or energy.
    Gould still doesn’t defend closely although he does some good things. Maybe that is what the coaches want from him but it doesn’t auger well for a key position player.
    The Goods.
    Sheather is going to be a beauty - a Heeney lookalike but already a midfield terrier.
    Warner the younger was not drafted because of his name - a wingers game but great willingness to get down and dirty. Just the sort of development we are asking of Stephens.
    Clarke Fox and Taylor gave their all and are the brains and brawn to protect the youngsters.
    Reid is still a beautiful player - played entirely defensive end.
    Amarty played maybe a half and took some good marks and kicked some goals. He looked sore though.
    Now for the big dance
    Great report. Thanks very much.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

interesting point re Roberts

For me I love that Roberts has the kick and time with the bill that aligns with Senior footy and strong decision making

The role in Snrs was very in and under in the front half some maybe Gus would have got the nod anyway?

Will be so good to watch both of them develop and apply their skills in different roles as required in Snrs
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Great report. Thanks very much.
    +1