Page 142 of 198 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192 ... LastLast
Results 1,693 to 1,704 of 2366

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

Ryan Clarke's agent being interviewed now on Trade Radio. Looking very positive for another contract.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Pretty much, and their very effective blocking tactics. Big Tom tried hard but was gassed- didn’t see him at the end of the game at all. Sammy couldn’t contribute and by the time McLean came on it was all over red rover.
    Don’t forget to include Ladhams being suspended for the entire finals season which led to Tom being gassed.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    It's because our players are too concerned with holding and blocking opponents rather than watching where the footy goes. We lack leg speed in there for quick clearance. Parker and Kennedy as strong as they are they are not good at quick effective clearances. In Kennedy's defence, at almost every centre bounce he contested was either held or his opponent had his arms almost around him waiting for him to take possession. I suggest we have Papley, Warner and Rowbottom at as many centre bounces as possible. Rowbottom for his doggedness and scrounging skills.
    Fair point although Cats did this also to clear way for Dangerfield.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    How's this for a (re)signing.

Papley signs a 5-year contract extension
    Yesss. Fantastic work!

Terrific news.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It's weird how it goes from "I'm in no hurry" just a couple of days before the GF to this announcement today.
    Maybe after the grand final, our management decided that there was some scope for 'property development' in Sydney?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Ryan Clarke's agent being interviewed now on Trade Radio. Looking very positive for another contract.
    Good, I like Clarke (in moderation).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Just outstanding. He's simply elite.
    Yes, Tom Papley: perhaps one of the great rookie picks of all time?

I would definitely let go of Naismith. We need a developing younger ruckman, and he doesn't fit the bill. I don't know if we want to continue on with McAndrew as our 3rd ruckman or try someone new.

Twomey still has Isaac Keeler at #27, which is a bit further down than many others, but Twomey is usually pretty close with his calls. I wouldn't let Keeler get past our 2nd first round pick, unless there's something in his personality that doesn't sit well with Beatson. He could fill that developing ruckman role as well as being a good tall KPP prospect.

The Wombat plays like a Bull. Those thinking we need a JPK type player need look no further. Sheldrick is not tall, but is wide and plays with ferocity and speed. There isn't much correlation between bull midfielders and centre clearances. RWO favourite Caleb Serong has been one of the best young clearance players going around and is about the same size as Sheldrick, although Sheldrick looks a lot more bullish.

Chad also fits the bill for a clearance beast and should become a dominating clearance player soon; next year wouldn't surprise me at all. He's on that kind of trajectory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I would definitely let go of Naismith. We need a developing younger ruckman, and he doesn't fit the bill. I don't know if we want to continue on with McAndrew as our 3rd ruckman or try someone new.

Twomey still has Isaac Keeler at #27, which is a bit further down than many others, but Twomey is usually pretty close with his calls. I wouldn't let Keeler get past our 2nd first round pick, unless there's something in his personality that doesn't sit well with Beatson. He could fill that developing ruckman role as well as being a good tall KPP prospect.

The Wombat plays like a Bull. Those thinking we need a JPK type player need look no further. Sheldrick is not tall, but is wide and plays with ferocity and speed. There isn't much correlation between bull midfielders and centre clearances. RWO favourite Caleb Serong has been one of the best young clearance players going around and is about the same size as Sheldrick, although Sheldrick looks a lot more bullish.

Chad also fits the bill for a clearance beast and should become a dominating clearance player soon; next year wouldn't surprise me at all. He's on that kind of trajectory.
    Agreed but not about Naismith. Ruckmen take years to develop and are among the most susceptible to injury. Now that he has almost recovered, we should give him a 1 year extension and hope his body holds. Even if he only plays half the games it will help Tom and Ladhams to share the load. Then if we do recruit Keeler or similar, they will have time to develop in the ressies.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

Tend to agree with much of this.

Love Sam, and he's a seriously good tap ruckman, but there's a time to let go and sadly, that time has come.

Keeler is in the mix for our 17, but there's a few others as well around the mark, and I'm not opposed to us using 14 + 35 to get into the top 10 and target one of the elite talls.

And Chad, Rowie and Sheldrick are going to give our midfield real power in the next few years. The more I've reflected on the GF, the more I've come to the view that Blicavs was crucial to what happened. I read somewhere he spent more time on ball and had more CBAs than any game this year where he wasn't starting ruck. They clearly had a very specific plan for him.

We can't replicate that, as he is a truly unique beast. But the better spread of explosive midfielders we have, the harder it is for someone like him to dominate and crowd and create space.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Agreed but not about Naismith. Ruckmen take years to develop and are among the most susceptible to injury. Now that he has almost recovered, we should give him a 1 year extension and hope his body holds. Even if he only plays half the games it will help Tom and Ladhams to share the load. Then if we do recruit Keeler or similar, they will have time to develop in the ressies.
    I think we should drop Naismith for several reasons. Firstly, he is far more likely to be injured than available to play. He's never shown the ability to stay fit very long. And he's only 1 year younger than Hickey.

Even with the suspensions and injuries to Hickey and Ladhams, we always had at least one available all season. We also have a few good backups beyond these 2 in Reid, Amartey and McLean, who can do a reasonable job short-term. That's a pretty good contingent of players who can ruck.

I do think we should devote 1 list spot to a developing younger ruckman. Having Naismith as a 4th ruckman spot seems over the top.

Senior Player
    When you look at the centre bounce numbers Ugg put up it appears the disparity isn't as bad as we thought. Maybe it is that we as
    supporters notice the CB clearances the most because the CB is effectively a point in the game when play is being re-set and
    starting again. Though coming 15th out of 18 in this area is clearly not good.

Senior Player

Yes, there is something satisfying about knowing that Papley is going to be annoying the @@@@ out of opposition players
    and supporters until 2028.