Page 182 of 198 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192 ... LastLast
Results 2,173 to 2,184 of 2366

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

I would like to convey my gratitude to those three guys being delisted for their efforts in the red and white. All had moments in their careers where they shined, especially Crayfish and Ronke. Bell gave it his all but probably was just not good enough. No shame in that. I hope they all have successful post-Swans journeys in life.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Can’t believe they’ve cut Naismith. With Sinkers also gone it puts a lot of faith in Hick and MENSA. McAndrew is further away from AFL than me! Amartey is not up to it either. Would been better to keep the crayfish as at least know he’s up to it if he stayed sound. Worth the risk.
    Yeah, Sam's not happy: https://www.instagram.com/p/CkYFTTdh...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=.

I'm a little surprised.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post

I'm a little surprised.

Don't think there's any bitterness there. Pretty sure its a joke and not a pretty tame one at that

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post

I'm a little surprised.

Sam is probably not happy but if you look at his Instagram post before this one he was sincerely gracious in his thanks to Longmire, the Club, his teammates and supporters. That last post is typical Crayfish humour.

I’m sad for Sam and for us. His body just didn’t allow him to be the footballer his potential has demonstrated he might have been.

Regular in the Side
    Its time I put it all on the line re draft. First pick at 14/15 Ed Allen (impeccable bloodlines) At 194 could be the one to replace Joey (hard shoes to fill), Second pick Lachie Cowan or adam d'alio
    (contested ball beast ,mid) and third pick harder pick james van es (maybe the only key defender left) anyone else to put it on the line. I obviously havent seen any of these 3 but astuate judges give them all a tick.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Sam is probably not happy but if you look at his Instagram post before this one he was sincerely gracious in his thanks to Longmire, the Club, his teammates and supporters. That last post is typical Crayfish humour.

I’m sad for Sam and for us. His body just didn’t allow him to be the footballer his potential has demonstrated he might have been.
    Yeah, I only saw Sam's earlier gracious post after I posted the above. I agree the earlier post shines the Halloween post in a somewhat different light.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Can’t believe they’ve cut Naismith. With Sinkers also gone it puts a lot of faith in Hick and MENSA. McAndrew is further away from AFL than me! Amartey is not up to it either. Would been better to keep the crayfish as at least know he’s up to it if he stayed sound. Worth the risk.
    Played 27 games across 16/17 when "fit". Done the knee 3 times since at least.
    Thats over 6yrs ago BTW suggest he is cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    Its time I put it all on the line re draft. First pick at 14/15 Ed Allen (impeccable bloodlines) At 194 could be the one to replace Joey (hard shoes to fill), Second pick Lachie Cowan or adam d'alio
    (contested ball beast ,mid) and third pick harder pick james van es (maybe the only key defender left) anyone else to put it on the line. I obviously havent seen any of these 3 but astuate judges give them all a tick.
    I'm not putting it all on the line - it's too hard to do (a) this far out from the draft; and (b) without knowing who slips through. See, I'm of the opinion that there is a good chance someone we don't expect to be available at our first pick will make it through - like Matt Johnson last year, or Dev Robertson before that etc. I don't know who it's going to be. I like your picks although at this stage I'm not convinced about using our first pick for Allen. I would be glad if a tall like Busslinger or even Jefferson slipped through to our first pick. Later on I'd be interested in Broadbent or Monkara, among others. Really I'll just be waiting and seeing.

Last year I was pretty keen on getting Sheldrick and Roberts *but* I imagined them landing in reverse order.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    With the 3 delistings, it probably means that we don't see trading up with our current picks and we are more likely than not to take the picks we have to the draft.
    I think your thinking is correct, indicates there are no pick bundling/splitting in the offing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Most scouting reports sound about the same from year to year. Just the names are changed.
    +1
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 2nd November 2022 at 04:16 PM.

What chance Indi Kirk grabs a spot?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    A shame re Naismith's history of injuries, as he could seriously play - but the decision was the right and inevitable one.

The standout ruckman in the draft is Harry Barnett. He seems to be rated late twenties/early 30s in most draft boards - but a few do rate his mix of skills and upside as quite high. Wonder if we'd look at him with our second pick as a bit of a list-needs selection. Park him away for a season or two and develop him as Hickey's successor and Ladham's long-term sidekick - recognising you need at least two decent rucks on your list.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Zero