Page 5 of 198 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

Tom Harley was on SEN yesterday covering various topics without revealing anything we don't already know. When asked about Heeney coming into RFA, Tom said he was geninuely optimistic new contract will be agreed to without giving anythng away. I don't recall him saying if negotiations had started.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Tom Harley was on SEN yesterday covering various topics without revealing anything we don't already know. When asked about Heeney coming into RFA, Tom said he was geninuely optimistic new contract will be agreed to without giving anythng away. I don't recall him saying if negotiations had started.
    I cannot see him leaving unless there is a huge salary gap between our offer and that of some other club. He is already on big coin. McDonald is a bigger flight risk so I hope they are working hard on that one behind the scenes.

I truly didn't think lachie neale would leave Freeo and equally I don't think Heeney will leave the Swans.

U just never know though

North Melbourne is a club that would a Heeney butane not 2023?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I truly didn't think lachie neale would leave Freeo and equally I don't think Heeney will leave the Swans.

U just never know though

North Melbourne is a club that would a Heeney butane not 2023?
    No doubt North Melbourne will get another stupid offer thrown Heeney's way, as they throw crazy coin towards most free agents. Just another chance for them to be rejected.

Our bigger risk probably is if a club currently in contention see him as a viable option and able to offer something a little more coin wise.

Still think its massively unlikely - but you never know.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    No doubt North Melbourne will get another stupid offer thrown Heeney's way, as they throw crazy coin towards most free agents. Just another chance for them to be rejected.

Our bigger risk probably is if a club currently in contention see him as a viable option and able to offer something a little more coin wise.

Still think its massively unlikely - but you never know.
    I think the first massive offer to Heeney by North Melbourne was made while James Brayshaw was president and Brayshaw loves Heeney as a player. When Brayshaw commentates he’s always praising Heeney. What I admire about Brayshaw is despite not landing Heeney with the most generous of offers his administration and enthusiasm for Heeney has never subsided.

Veterans List
    Lachie Neale wasn't a Perth local and he moved in large part because of his close friendship since boyhood with Lincoln McCarthy, who had arrived at Brisbane after six or so seasons at the Cats

I doubt any academy product of ours would be lured away, unless the $ offered were stupidly above ours. I'd reckon that would never be the case, we'll offer sensible sized contracts. All of our academy players seem to flow red and white blood :-)

I think the days of Norf offering anybody and everybody massive amounts are over. They lured a couple of small fish but now seem to be well into a rebuild via the draft.

Veterans List
    On the AFL website they have this years 2022 NAB AFL Academy players listed. Only one Swans player and I'm not sure I've seen his name mentioned in these parts previously -

Lachlan Cabor, New South Sales/Shellharbour/Sydney Swans Academy

Anyone know anything about him?

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    On the AFL website they have this years 2022 NAB AFL Academy players listed. Only one Swans player and I'm not sure I've seen his name mentioned in these parts previously -

Lachlan Cabor, New South Sales/Shellharbour/Sydney Swans Academy

Anyone know anything about him?
    Yes is an under 17 age player - good player who reads game well , not scared to take on players. Saw him play early last year as un under ager in the 17s swans v giants games and he clearly stood out as a class player.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Yes is an under 17 age player - good player who reads game well , not scared to take on players. Saw him play early last year as un under ager in the 17s swans v giants games and he clearly stood out as a class player.
    Ah Magoo, you've done it again!

Thanks for the info, always good to know who is in the pipeline, cheers

Veteran Site Admin
    So Naismith has been moved to the inactive list. I wonder if they've done this now to allow them to sign someone via the SPP before it closes. That doesn't seem especially likely, but the timing is interesting.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    So Naismith has been moved to the inactive list. I wonder if they've done this now to allow them to sign someone via the SPP before it closes. That doesn't seem especially likely, but the timing is interesting.
    Well spotted Liz.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Naismith is currently out of contract at end of 2022, I think, which means we've likely and sadly seen the last of the big lug. Such a shame, as he could certainly play.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say