Page 71 of 198 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

Thinking Swans privately would be seething at all the leaks.

Really hope it’s not true

“News to him”: Swans respond to report linking Lance Franklin to rival

Sydney CEO Tom Harley has told …Gerard Healy that the Franklin report is “news to him”.

- - - Updated - - -

Is he going to want to play under Clarko again?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/brisbane-lions/unless-someone-knows-something-lions-coach-addresses-clarko-rumours/news-story/c78045497dda2254898ed1a8e0f5926d

Buddy should retire after this year and leave on a high.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Does he really want to go and play there or is this all about squeezing more $$ out of the Swans?
    Jescinta has her parents up on the Gold Coast, so they would be closer to her family from Brisbane than Sydney.

I'll be disappointed but not aggrieved if Buddy moves on. It's not a disaster and we move forward too, having gotten many of his prime years in a deal that was ultimately fair. We weren't expecting him to go on beyond this year and in that sense it's no loss. Better than paying more than we can afford and later losing a young gun. We've got the depth to cover him.

All that said, this is hopefully yet another ill-founded rumour and he plays on with us at a price we can afford.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Really makes buddy look like a mercenary. Extremely disappointed but I guess having a family and a high profile partner you get pressured to follow the $$.

But yeah, the whole thing makes me feel kind of hollow as a Swans fan
    He's been great for us on and off the field but the club has been magnificent for him, too. We've given him a truck load of money and kept him so happy, healthy and fit that he now wants to play on. I'd like him to finish his career with us but IF this news is correct and half a million isn't enough to keep him, I say, thanks for the memories, Bud, enjoy your next club.

Its strange that Harley saids he doesn't know about this given Buddy's camp claims he has told the Club he is leaving. Very strange!

After receiving $10 million out of the club he is going to leave over $200,000 as a 36 year old? I don't think it reflects well on him.

Would prefer to lose him rather than risk losing some young ones

Been paid very well for a long time and a win win, will look silly if he leaves for a couple hundred after all these years.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Before we all wet the bed, it ain’t happening.

He and Swans are happy with how talks are going, and the Lions might have a few small deficiencies but a slightly slowing 35yo key forward ain’t one of them.

Down tools.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

I think Franklin has the right to make whatever decision he wants. I wouldn't reproach him if he wanted to move to Queensland because he thinks that would suit him and his family at this stage of life.

On balance, I think it's better for the Swans if he goes. It's time to make some space so others can shine.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    OliverC on the possible relocation of the Franklin's

"Go, get you out! Make haste! Ye venal slaves be gone! In the name of God, go!"

Goes up to 11
    Given no one really expected him to play on after this year (or even be playing this year), if he wants to go, he should go with our blessing.