Page 73 of 198 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I'll be disappointed but not aggrieved if Buddy moves on. It's not a disaster and we move forward too, having gotten many of his prime years in a deal that was ultimately fair. We weren't expecting him to go on beyond this year and in that sense it's no loss. Better than paying more than we can afford and later losing a young gun. We've got the depth to cover him.

All that said, this is hopefully yet another ill-founded rumour and he plays on with us at a price we can afford.
    fully agree

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Yes, I hope there are plans in place to ensure that everyone is focused on what matters. I'm sure there are.

I dunno, the players shouldn't need to be told. Right now, there is one thing to focus on. And that is tearing North Melbourne apart.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by H2F View Post
    Does anyone else feel like there is a plan to disrupt our team heading into finals?

Warner pictures not recent just leaked out of nowhere.

Franklin telling Sydney he is off to Brisbane.
    Yes, I reckon a lot of this is to distract players from their most important task right now - beating Norf and beating them by a margin.

Let's not worry about what happens after the GF, let's get the most out of this year first. Whether a 36yo plays with us next year is irrelevant to our current task.

If Brisbane truly are talking to Bud, it just shows how desperate they are suddenly becoming in their flag quest.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    It's annoying that we're going to have this speculation every week for the rest of the season now, with lots of important football to be played and the team set up well for finals. But it is what it is.
    Or until Bud re-signs

Are there more high priority (younger players) re-signing that might push a 35 year olds Bud’s re-signing a little further down the queue?

Hopper or Taranto for one if our 1st round Picks

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    fully agree
    Ditto.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

The Swans are well accustomed to Buddy background music. I don't think it affects our performance. This one will play itself out. As I mentioned before, I have a slight preference for Buddy to move on, but I'm also happy if he stays for another season.

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Granted that thy are very good players, but we don't need more midfielders. I would use a 1st rounder for someone like Griffen Logue, if available. If not, use it on a KPP in the draft. I think it's better value with our current player mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The Swans are well accustomed to Buddy background music. I don't think it affects our performance. This one will play itself out. As I mentioned before, I have a slight preference for Buddy to move on, but I'm also happy if he stays for another season.

Granted that thy are very good players, but we don't need more midfielders. I would use a 1st rounder for someone like Griffen Logue, if available. If not, use it on a KPP in the draft. I think it's better value with our current player mix.
    +1 i think the emergence of the Chad as a superstar in waiting and the growth in James et al means the future looks pretty bright in our midfield. I wouldn’t have said that 6 weeks ago.

And I like the look of Logue, if he is available.

I’d still be keen to acquire Zurhaar too, although the imminent arrival of The Messiah might see him stay with North.

Btw North are going to provide a serious test of our inside midfield work this week.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Or until Bud re-signs

Are there more high priority (younger players) re-signing that might push a 35 year olds Bud’s re-signing a little further down the queue?
    One year contracts are the last done :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Taranto is a butcher by foot, pass.

Having built a team that has excellent foot skills, lets not dilute that, only bring in players of similar foot skill quality. When I read the draft profiles, it's what I look for LOL

Derm who seems to hate the Swans suggests the Pies try and lure either McLean or Amartey away

Swans pair floated as potential Magpies trade options instead of Daniel McStay

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Derm who seems to hate the Swans suggests the Pies try and lure either McLean or Amartey away

This time last year, Derm was suggesting the Saints should go for McClean.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

Where'd you get that impression of Dermott Brereton? When I listen to his commentary, he usually has positives to say about our players.