Page 92 of 198 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,093 to 1,104 of 2366

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

Sinclair has officially announced his retirement at the end of this season. No surprise there but confirmation.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Sinclair has officially announced his retirement at the end of this season. No surprise there but confirmation.
    He’s been a great servant of the club and will be a Blood for life. Gave his all during 2019 and 2020 when he carried the ruck both seasons. Apparently he’s been doing some work with the women’s team, so hopefully they can keep him on as a coach.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    If Sinclair is retiring, I for one want to say thanks. He was a whole-hearted footballer. During our down years he battled away in the ruck, did it bloody well, had some good moments up forward and never once could you question his commitment or endeavour. He was a good footballer, and from the snippets I have heard from inside the club, the ultimate team mate and club man. He can be proud of what he contributed.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    If Sinclair is retiring, I for one want to say thanks. He was a whole-hearted footballer. During our down years he battled away in the ruck, did it bloody well, had some good moments up forward and never once could you question his commitment or endeavour. He was a good footballer, and from the snippets I have heard from inside the club, the ultimate team mate and club man. He can be proud of what he contributed.
    Well said I totally agree and his efforts for us should be positively recognised.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Callum was brought to the Swans as a forward and sacrificed his personal ambitions to play a role in the team during a pretty rough period for our club. He did it with class, I'll remember him as a humble and valiant team player. Thanks Sinkers, I wish you the best with your future endeavours.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Absolutely. When I think of him, I think of that clichéd phrase beloved of match report writers: "toiled manfully all day".

I loved Sinkers handball to Papley for the left foot snap that won us the game against Essendon last year!

2022 List management, trading, drafting

Colin O'Riordan to retire as well at the end of the season - a snippet in this article here, but due to chronic hip injury.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...28-p5bddr.html
    Last edited by Meg; 29th August 2022 at 02:00 PM.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

2022 List management, trading, drafting

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Colin O'Riordan to retire as well at the end of the season - a snippet in this article here, but due to chronic hip injury.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...28-p5bddr.html
    Totally agree with comments about Ladhams in this article. He must be on very thin ice with the Swans.
    Last edited by Meg; 28th August 2022 at 11:52 PM.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Totally agree with comments about Ladhams in this article. He must be on very thin ice with the Swans.
    They are likely frustrated with him right now, but I think it's something that's possible to work on with him in the off-season - how to better channel his frustration when things aren't going well, and how to control his emotions. We have him contracted for another two or three seasons, and not much in the ruck once Hickey retires, so the Swans have to try to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Not sure it is quite thin ice stage - as Liz said, we have a lot invested into him at this point in time.

But I'm sure the rough edges seen on a couple of occasions this year now will be areas highlighted for clear and immediate improvement too going forward.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Not sure it is quite thin ice stage - as Liz said, we have a lot invested into him at this point in time.

But I'm sure the rough edges seen on a couple of occasions this year now will be areas highlighted for clear and immediate improvement too going forward.
    We will need him to shape up and control himself but he has shown that he can play well at senior level