Page 101 of 198 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,212 of 2366

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I've suggested that Buddy could make a great designated medisub, but I don't think Buddy would take that too well. It could be packaged in a contract that made Buddy a player coach, so he can sit on the bench and help out Horse unless called upon to replace an injured player. It would be great drama seeing Buddy come on in the 4th qtr in a close game. The SCG would go nuts, especially if he kicked the winning goal.
    Yes, I tend to think that offering him some sort of hybrid coaching and playing role could be the way to go. Assuming that we have the soft cap space, for something like an assistant forwards coach? And also assuming that no other clubs will be forcing us into an unrealistic bidding war, for someone who might no longer be an automatic first team selection.

Now that I think of it, are hybrid playing/coaching contracts allowed?

Time for Buddy to go. Had a great last year, kicked the 1000, time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Time for Buddy to go. Had a great last year, kicked the 1000, time to move on.
    Let’s wait for the Prelim and then hopefully the GF before we make up our minds on Buddy.
    Certainly May was all over him Friday night but he has played well most of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Let’s wait for the Prelim and then hopefully the GF before we make up our minds on Buddy.
    Certainly May was all over him Friday night but he has played well most of this year.
    I hope Buddy recognised on Friday evening that even he is mortal. Time to go at the top of your game. Dusty is likely to have a tarnished finish with the Tiges

2022 List management, trading, drafting

Jake Niall has harsh but probably fair things to say about Buddy (and Dusty)

If he couldn’t play in the preliminary final or grand final, I doubt it would impact enormously on the Swans’ prospects … the Swans have no need to scramble desperately to keep him.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...03-p5bf46.html
    Last edited by Meg; 4th September 2022 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Correction to link.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

If he couldn’t play in the preliminary final or grand final, I doubt it would impact enormously on the Swans’ prospects … the Swans have no need to scramble desperately to keep him.

Jez McLennan - I posted in the vfl post

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

Disagree on this. May is a brilliant player and Buddy is not what he was but he is still capable of being a match winner over the next two games. If possible, one more year for him would be great.

I read on the weekend that Richmond have offered Reiwolt just $300k to play on next season. Buddy apparently won't accept $600k. I think it shows the Swans' offer was quite reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I read on the weekend that Richmond have offered Reiwolt just $300k to play on next season. Buddy apparently won't accept $600k. I think it shows the Swans' offer was quite reasonable.
    I was about to post something similar: "The Herald Sun reported Riewoldt was likely to accept a “lowball offer” that would see him paid around $300,000 to play on in 2023."

I think Buddy now is better than Riewoldt now - but not by that much. Riewoldt and Tex Perkins are fair ballpark comparisons for where Buddy is at with his career. He's no longer at the current Jeremy Cameron/Tom Lynch/Charlie Curnow level. I think it would be good if we could get another year out of Buddy - but if we win the flag that would be a fairytale finish for him and great way to go out.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I was about to post something similar: "The Herald Sun reported Riewoldt was likely to accept a “lowball offer” that would see him paid around $300,000 to play on in 2023."

I think Buddy now is better than Riewoldt now - but not by that much. Riewoldt and Tex Perkins are fair ballpark comparisons for where Buddy is at with his career. He's no longer at the current Jeremy Cameron/Tom Lynch/Charlie Curnow level. I think it would be good if we could get another year out of Buddy - but if we win the flag that would be a fairytale finish for him and great way to go out.
    I'm assuming that you mean Taylor Walker, rather than the lead singer of The Beasts of Bourbon and the Cruel Sea?

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I'm assuming that you mean Taylor Walker, rather than the lead singer of The Beasts of Bourbon and the Cruel Sea?
    Thanks for astutely and correctly making that leap.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)