Page 93 of 198 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,105 to 1,116 of 2366

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

2022 List management, trading, drafting

Bit of a shame with O'Riordan. At times he looked like he was going to establish himself as a tough and classy AFL level player. However, almost every time that he was consolidating his position, injury intervened and then he would have to go through rehabilitation process again. Assuming that he returns to Ireland, I hope he manages to play some Gaelic football.
    Last edited by Meg; 29th August 2022 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Bit of a shame with O'Riordan. At times he looked like he was going to establish himself as a tough and classy AFL level player. However, almost every time that he was consolidating his position, injury intervened and then he would have to go through rehabilitation process again. Assuming that he returns to Ireland, I hope he manages to play some Gaelic football.
    Yep he has shown potential at various times, but seems his body can't deal with strains of AFL footy

Disappointing as definitely the best Irishman we've had since Tadhg.

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I will surely miss Colin. Top bloke. Wish him absolutely all the best and, as with Chief, I offer great thanks for all he has given our club.

I have mixed feelings about injury ending Colin's career. On the one hand, it sucks. On the other, is it kinder than getting omitted and ultimately delisted? Colin had a lot to offer but was always struggling to solidify a place in the senior team, up against hot competition. I thought he was in a similar situation to Fox and had the potential to come in and really win a senior spot if he had enough opportunity but who knows if he ever would have. And we have so many talented alternatives.

I wonder if Colin will look to stay in Australia or return to Ireland long term? I certainly would love to see him play some more Gaelic footy - although surely injury for Aussie rules is going to be a problem for Gaelic footy too?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Colin O'Riordan to retire as well at the end of the season - a snippet in this article here, but due to chronic hip injury.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/ladhams-latest-brain-snap-could-leave-swans-short-on-talls-in-september-20220828-p5bddr.html
    Colin was one of my favourite players. He had the talent and disposition to become quite a good football player, but always got injured at the wrong time. He didn't really have the luck of the Irish. He was eloquent and gracious in every interview. I wish him the very best in life.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Colin O'Riordan to retire as well at the end of the season - a snippet in this article here, but due to chronic hip injury.
    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...28-p5bddr.html
    Quote from Gardiner re Colin O’Riordan:

“Since arriving at the club, Colin has been one of the most popular members of our playing group and he will be sorely missed,” Gardiner said. “It really is an incredible achievement to move to Australia from Ireland, learn a new game and forge a successful AFL career and Colin has been able to do just that.”

Not sure that this is the best thread for it, but here is the official official confirmation: Sydney Swans duo set to retire.

Could there yet be a fairy tale end for Cal Sinclair? If Hickey is injured would we recall Sinclair, or Amartey, or play with no rucks?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Could there yet be a fairy tale end for Cal Sinclair? If Hickey is injured would we recall Sinclair, or Amartey, or play with no rucks?
    I think we would go with Reid and Amartey instead of Sinclair. His football has fallen away considerably this year and he's had some really poor games. That said, who knows if he will have a revival of form next week with Ladhams out and a chance to play finals. So nothing is truly definitive. Longmire always says things can change quickly in football.

Sinclair lifted and had a good game in the reserves against Casey on the weekend.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Great quotes in that one, thanks.

Veterans List
    In the draft I would be going for the best ruckman available.