Page 87 of 198 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,033 to 1,044 of 2366

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Clarkson signs on at North
    Then this media speculation re Lloyd
    Clarko in the past has said publicly how much he rates Lloyd
    North are in gigantic need of a player like Lloyd..........we will be hard pressed to match
    If Lloyd goes to North, would Gould slot into his position? Has he got the skill set and tank to do so? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    If Lloyd goes to North, would Gould slot into his position? Has he got the skill set and tank to do so? I don't know.
    More likely to be Florent or Cunningham or COR or even HHK.

I think it's better if we keep Lloyd but we have enough depth to cover him.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    More likely to be Florent or Cunningham or COR or even HHK.

I think it's better if we keep Lloyd but we have enough depth to cover him.
    I'd like to keep Lloyd too. I dislike the cliched line that gets thrown around about just wanting to focus on the footy and we'll deal with the contract at the end of the year. But I also suspect there's not much else you could say if it's likely a move is on the cards.

Interesting development on Lloyd as he was previously reported as being keen to re-sign. This would certainly suggest someone has come into play with a good offer. I believe Cunningham is negotiating a new contract at present and is keen to stay.

I listened to the Lloyd SEN interview live and surprised it has caused a headline, which I think is just attention grabbing (click bait) the way the media works these days. The tone Lloyd spoke in didn't sound like to me he was wanting to move on for bigger $$$$. He was so focused on this Sunday & resisted temptation to look too far ahead, even when Dwayne Russell mentioned that he's due to play his 200th game on GF day should we make it.

At worst, Lloyd may consider bigger offers elsewhere (i.e. North) should we win the flag this year. Even then, it won't be a gimme decision consideriing we're only just entering premiership(s) window. Ask Brandon Ellis how he feels now after leaving Richmond winning 2017 flag to Gold Coast for bigger $$$$. Missed out on the dynasty & won't be remembered in same esteem as his more illustrious former team mates.

Buddy's decision however could be resting whether we should win flag this year. Good way for such a legend to retire on. Otherwise he'll go around with us again next season imo.

P.S. Lloyd did indicate team will be involved with Hanners send off after the game on Sunday even though nothing has been planned.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    What about Sam Reid? 99% of people would have said he was depth at best this year and he’s going ok …

Or Robbie Fox, 29, barely got a contract this year also in career best form.

We are going to get very little for Cunningham if we trade him.
    I accept your point about Sam Reid.

But I truly believe that Alien body snatchers have kidnapped Sam and replaced him with one of their own.

How else would you explain his turn around of form???

Miracles do happen, but we have had our's with Sam and we don't get multiply slices of that cake!
    doof-doof

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    I accept your point about Sam Reid.

But I truly believe that Alien body snatchers have kidnapped Sam and replaced him with one of their own.

How else would you explain his turn around of form???

Miracles do happen, but we have had our's with Sam and we don't get multiply slices of that cake!
    Sam Reid has always been an exceptional footballer: competitive, gifted, a brilliant one-on-one player, a great mark, a bit of a dodgy kick but otherwise extremely reliable and consistent. His form this year is simply a product of not getting injured, and is no surprise to me. The only surprising thing is that he hasn't been injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Sam Reid has always been an exceptional footballer: competitive, gifted, a brilliant one-on-one player, a great mark, a bit of a dodgy kick but otherwise extremely reliable and consistent. His form this year is simply a product of not getting injured, and is no surprise to me. The only surprising thing is that he hasn't been injured.
    here here. He is much maligned because of his injury record. If you recall back to the start of last season, he played brilliantly before his body failed him

Totally agree. His kicking for goal has always been a bit suspect, but at his best has always been a quality footballer. It has always been a story of his body letting him down more than anything else. He has had a great year with his body right so far - lets hope there is at least 3 more good performances left in 2022 for him!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Main list movements

Out - JPK, Melican, Naismith, Sinclair. Maybe Ronke, Buddy, Lloyd for various reasons

Reckon we’ll look at upgrading Fox and McCartin to the main list and maybe McLean, especially if Buddy retires

Plus we traditionally target at least one player in via trade

Could be as many as seven leaving the main list assuming we take three picks at the ND

Spot on.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by WomblingFree View Post
    Main list movements

Out - JPK, Melican, Naismith, Sinclair. Maybe Ronke, Buddy, Lloyd for various reasons

Reckon we’ll look at upgrading Fox and McCartin to the main list and maybe McLean, especially if Buddy retires

Plus we traditionally target at least one player in via trade

Could be as many as seven leaving the main list assuming we take three picks at the ND
    Taylor and Bell might be nervous too. Remember how long it took for Bell to get his one year extension, with some reports that there was a disagreement re whether or not he had hit the games played trigger given he was an used medical sub for quite a few games.

Given Hickey’s age, I would give Naismith another year on low salary. If Ladhams or Hickey is injured, we still need another ruck to play in the 2s so that our depth and young players can have decent matches to develop and learn our game plan etc.