Page 77 of 198 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

Its the 1st time he has been able to do marketing stuff from the additional salary that clubs get, most will remember the AFL screwed us on using that money for his last contract.

Im betting he isnt big on a marketing role, so we are working thru the detail of what he is expected to do off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Its the 1st time he has been able to do marketing stuff from the additional salary that clubs get, most will remember the AFL screwed us on using that money for his last contract.

Im betting he isnt big on a marketing role, so we are working thru the detail of what he is expected to do off the field.
    Not sure what you referring to?

At the time of the furore surrounding Buddy’s recruitment to the Swans, it was explicitly stated (by Andrew Ireland if I remember correctly) that a ‘significant’ (again from memory that was the adjective) portion of Buddy’s contract with us was in the form of an Additional Services Agreement.

This point was made to emphasise that not all of Buddy’s contract was subject to COLA (one of several points of controversy at the time).

So I assume Buddy has been involved in some forms of marketing/additional services at the Swans for the last nine years.

2022 List management, trading, drafting

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post

I'm getting the impression Buddy will either sign on with us or retire at season's end. I don't think going to another club is on the cards.
    I thought there had been a strong implication some time ago that when Buddy finished his playing days with us he would move into a coaching role with the Swans. *

Have I just imagined that? Does anyone else recall this suggestion being made by anyone credible?

Longmire has certainly spoken highly about Buddy’s footy IQ. And recently joked that he dreads it when Fox play an old North Melbourne match in which he (Longmire) played as he knows his phone will ring with Buddy on the other end providing him with a critique of his play.

I am wondering whether Buddy is weighing up whether to play on with the Swans or to move into coaching with the Swans, with the latter providing him with more time with his very young family.

* (I realise that the footy department salary cap restrictions might now make this difficult to achieve.)

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    I'm getting the impression Buddy will either sign on with us or retire at season's end. I don't think going to another club is on the cards.
    Realy, you think there might be another team seriously in the marketplace for Buddy?

Buddy won premiership in his last year at Hawthorn (2013) and then Hawthorn smashed us in the following GF (2014) with Buddy, on their way to three peat premierships. Can history repeat itself IF Buddy moves to Brisbane? (still possible we could play Freo in GF).
    History can, and does, repeat. Especially in footy.
    I actually think Buddy believes we’re a real chance this year, and if we win he’ll likely retire. He was talking about going round again mid-season, when it looked like next year was the more realistic prospect.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Not sure what you referring to?

At the time of the furore surrounding Buddy’s recruitment to the Swans, it was explicitly stated (by Andrew Ireland if I remember correctly) that a ‘significant’ (again from memory that was the adjective) portion of Buddy’s contract with us was in the form of an Additional Services Agreement.

This point was made to emphasise that not all of Buddy’s contract was subject to COLA (one of several points of controversy at the time).

So I assume Buddy has been involved in some forms of marketing/additional services at the Swans for the last nine years.
    About as much as Judd was with Visy LOL

Senior Player
    Don’t know where else to post this.
    I assume the existing thread for this player has been removed in an effort to assuage one poster.
    Anyway great article with insights into the reasons behind his improved form , the growing bond with the AFLW group, the influence of JPK and more.
    Rowbottom's rise in line with building Swans

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    I assume the existing thread for this player has been removed in an effort to assuage one poster.
    Anyway great article with insights into the reasons behind his improved form , the growing bond with the AFLW group, the influence of JPK and more.
    Great article! Thanks for posting Faunac8 !

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Great article! Thanks for posting Faunac8 !
    I just got that name .

Senior Player
    Thanks for this. James is a likeable guy as well as being a courageous player.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I thought there had been a strong implication some time ago that when Buddy finished his playing days with us he would move into a coaching role with the Swans. *

Have I just imagined that? Does anyone else recall this suggestion being made by anyone credible?

Longmire has certainly spoken highly about Buddy’s footy IQ. And recently joked that he dreads it when Fox play an old North Melbourne match in which he (Longmire) played as he knows his phone will ring with Buddy on the other end providing him with a critique of his play.

I am wondering whether Buddy is weighing up whether to play on with the Swans or to move into coaching with the Swans, with the latter providing him with more time with his very young family.

* (I realise that the footy department salary cap restrictions might now make this difficult to achieve.)
    I can't remember anyone talking about Buddy coaching. I have heard it said many times that Buddy is a football nuffy; and that he takes a huge interest in footy, watches lots of games; likes making suggestions to our list managers etc.

I don't know if it's just my imagination or if I've actually read something to support it, but I've imagined that he might go into player or list management (possibly together with Jesinta, who is in the process of qualifying as a player agent). I can imagine him nurturing young talent - not so sure if I picture him as a hard-bitten commercial negotiator, although I reckon he could be if he put his mind to it.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    Thanks for posting, doesn't matter where it goes it will get read. Sister at GC? needs to be a recruiting target :-)