Page 78 of 198 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Not sure what you referring to?

At the time of the furore surrounding Buddy’s recruitment to the Swans, it was explicitly stated (by Andrew Ireland if I remember correctly) that a ‘significant’ (again from memory that was the adjective) portion of Buddy’s contract with us was in the form of an Additional Services Agreement.

This point was made to emphasise that not all of Buddy’s contract was subject to COLA (one of several points of controversy at the time).

So I assume Buddy has been involved in some forms of marketing/additional services at the Swans for the last nine years.
    I remember reading the AFL Commission screwed us by saying it had to be outside of ASAs

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    I remember reading the AFL Commission screwed us by saying it had to be outside of ASAs
    My recollection concurs with Meg's.

Maybe im getting it confused with the ambassador money he wasn't allowed or wouldnt recieve

End of JPK???

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    End of JPK???
    End of the season maybe. But there was some talk about him maybe going around next year, currently just being shy of 300. If that’s still a possibility (from the Club’s and Joey’s perspective, and they can rehab the injury properly to the point of recovery) then there isn’t a reason why he shouldn’t. Is he the worse player on out list? Would he be the highest paid player in the 2s if he spent time there? If there is a no to both of those, perhaps there might be others who could go before him. If bringing in drafts & trades, would the worst of them be worse than what Joey can produce? But if he’s genuinely broken, if he simply can’t recover (and hamstrings are notorious, especially ageing hammys), it might be time.

Reaching 300 shouldn’t be the goal for Joey. Can he continue contribute & offer value to the team throughout the season - ie beyond 300 … if he gets there?

Might not be Joey’s call at the end of the day.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Don’t know where else to post this.
    I assume the existing thread for this player has been removed in an effort to assuage one poster.
    Anyway great article with insights into the reasons behind his improved form , the growing bond with the AFLW group, the influence of JPK and more.
    Rowbottom's rise in line with building Swans
    Great stuff....enjoyed the read.

Senior Player
    Nothing wrong with JPK going around again next year if both he and the club honestly think it's worth a shot. They will know a lot
    better than we ever will. I would never doubt that guys willpower.

Headline I would like to see: 'Swans sign Gould for another 2 years'.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Headline I would like to see: 'Swans sign Gould for another 2 years'.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    +1
    +2

+3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+4