Page 81 of 198 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

I like Zurhaar, but I think he's a difficult fit for our team right now. I would rate Hayward a better player who is playing a similar role. You can check out the stats here:

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...&fid1=S&fid2=S

It's hard to see how we fit Zurhaar, Hayward and Heeney in the same forward line. One can play as a key forward, but that mean that we certainly would have to say goodbye to Buddy. I am not against playing just 2 tall forwards, but there has to be a realisation that we will have to play just 2 tall forwards if Zurhaar comes to the Swans. In other times, I would be more than happy to see Heeney in the midfield, and would still be happy to see him there, but the fact is that we have a strong midfield without Heeney and also have several reserves players who could come in as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I like Zurhaar, but I think he's a difficult fit for our team right now. I would rate Hayward a better player who is playing a similar role. You can check out the stats here:

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...&fid1=S&fid2=S

It's hard to see how we fit Zurhaar, Hayward and Heeney in the same forward line. One can play as a key forward, but that mean that we certainly would have to say goodbye to Buddy. I am not against playing just 2 tall forwards, but there has to be a realisation that we will have to play just 2 tall forwards if Zurhaar comes to the Swans. In other times, I would be more than happy to see Heeney in the midfield, and would still be happy to see him there, but the fact is that we have a strong midfield without Heeney and also have several reserves players who could come in as well.
    Yes, I see no real point in going for Zurhaar. Heeney is certainly better and Hayward probably is, so do we really need to getting in a bidding war, for a medium forward who may not be an automatic selection? Especially when we could probably use one of our first round picks, to draft a forward with more potential.

Can’t believe that no one’s mentioned the 22 under 22 squad yet? We have 6 players, the most of any club:

Gulden, Blakey, JMac and TMac, the Chad and Rowbottom.

Swans, Freo lead the way: Full 22Under22 squad revealed
    Last edited by liz; 10th August 2022 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Baiting

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Can’t believe that no one’s mentioned the 22 under 22 squad yet? We have 6 players, the most of any club:

Just terrific isn't it - and to think, we've still got the untapped potential of Logan McDonald, Campbell, Sheldrick etc sitting underneath.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

I think we underestimate what McLean could bring to the team when Buddy retires.

His upside is a strong mark and an accurate kick for goal. His downside is his mobility and a so so relief ruck performance.

If we retain our current forwards (with Armarty replacing Reid in due course as the principal Ruck relief) we will have 2 strong agile tall forwards in McDonald and Armarty/Reid); 2 very strong marks and high work rates from medium talls in Heaney and Haywood; 2 of Papley and Clarke/Ronke/Wicks/Campbell as pressure smalls.

Parker is capable of goals also as he plays more as a forward as his role changes

In that setup, a kick to a marking target in McLean is a safe "get out" if the other forwards cannot be identified by the inside 50 kicker.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

What is particularly interesting is that while we have six in the squad, there are 8 teams that either have just one player in the
    squad or none at all.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    What is particularly interesting is that while we have six in the squad, there are 8 teams that either have just one player in the
    squad or none at all.
    Geelong I assume is one of the eight, who are the others?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I don't know he'd be an automatic start for them. They have three promising young tall to medium-tall defenders already, in Worrell, Murray and Butts. (Not to mention McAsey who can't get a game.)

Port might be more interested in him, were he to want to go home.
    I keep an eye on the Crows, just death riding them because I don't like them. Media here fawns over them.

Worrell been languishing in their reserves until last week, given their lack of quality I don't know why.
    Butts is a tall defender who has gone backwards this season, leading the Anti Coleman I believe.
    Murray has poor skills below his knees.
    McAsey pick 6 in 2018 can hardly get a kick in the SANFL.

I think Crows would take whoever they could get to come home, but agree Port may be a more likely destination? Anyway, think he'll be sought after.

Zurhaar is definitely not a need for us and won't be cheap in salary or picks to get him out of Norf.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Geelong I assume is one of the eight, who are the others?
    Bombers, GWS, Hawthorn, North, Richmond, St Kilda and West Coast.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    It's a problem when you have a settled 22 with few injuries. We lost Membrey because he was stuck behind Goodes.
    What? That’s like saying a VW Beetle was stuck behind a Ferrari. The two should never, ever be mentioned in the same sentence!

We lost Membrey because he wasn’t good enough to play in a top team. Still isn’t. Check his stats against the top teams.

Senior Player
    Brodie Grundy seems to be going to the Demons. How on earth can they afford his $1 million per year salary, plus Gawn, Petracca, Oliver, Brayshaw, Langdon, Salem, Fritsch, Viney, Pickett etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Brodie Grundy seems to be going to the Demons. How on earth can they afford his $1 million per year salary, plus Gawn, Petracca, Oliver, Brayshaw, Langdon, Salem, Fritsch, Viney, Pickett etc.?
    Collingwood will be paying half of it