Page 1 of 198 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

Senior Player

2022 List management, trading, drafting

Wasn't sure where best to post this, as the thread is 2021 list management - perhaps we need to start one for 2022? But great news anyway. Two year extension.

Errol Gulden extends his commitment

Veterans List

2022 List management, trading, drafting

The announcement that Errol has extended an additional two years seems as good as any time to kick off this thread

The thread that stays active until the new year dawns

Hoping Logan McDonald does the same soon. Noticed Denver Grainger-Barras also signed 2 year extension today (same draft & taken pick after McDonald).

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Wasn't sure where best to post this, as the thread is 2021 list management - perhaps we need to start one for 2022? But great news anyway. Two year extension.

Errol Gulden extends his commitment
    Better start the plans for how to clear a bit of cap space in 2025. He'll probably have an All Australian selection and a high Brownlow finish by then.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Hoping Logan McDonald does the same soon. Noticed Denver Grainger-Barras also signed 2 year extension today (same draft & taken pick after McDonald).
    Yes a two year extension for Logan Mcdonald would be very nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    Yes a two year extension for Logan Mcdonald would be very nice!!
    Agreed and add in Campbell. It will be another challenging year for resignings with many coming out of contract, a limited cap and Sydney house prices through the roof! Hopefully, we get most deals done. We have a great team and seemingly a wonderful club culture and bond.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Grainger-Barrass a favoured choice among many RWO'ers until on the night McDonald surprisingly was still there for selection.

Awesome Errol !!

Noticed at training he has been rotating thru the midfield.

Errols decision making in.particular by foot will be such an asset if he shares a little more time rotating thru the mids.

He has already shown such amazing involvement in scoring opportunities floating around HFF

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Awesome Errol !!

Noticed at training he has been rotating thru the midfield.

Errols decision making in.particular by foot will be such an asset if he shares a little more time rotating thru the mids.

He has already shown such amazing involvement in scoring opportunities floating around HFF
    Yes, the thing that impressed me most about Errol last season, was his ability to take the optimum option under pressure. He seems to have lightning quick mental processing and an almost supernatural ability to know where his team mates are. And now that he's likely to spend more time in the midfield, he should be able to show off some of the skills that were more apparent in his junior years.

Perhaps the most important part of game when playing with the academy, was his ability to get to contest after contest after contest. He was also a bit Paul Kelly like, because he would arrive at a contest, where he was outnumbered by larger opponents and usually emerged with the ball. So, when you combine the ability to get the ball often and use it optimally, I think we'll see him joining the genuinely elite players of the competition, in the not too distant future. ⁷

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, the thing that impressed me most about Errol last season, was his ability to take the optimum option under pressure. He seems to have lightning quick mental processing and an almost supernatural ability to know where his team mates are. And now that he's likely to spend more time in the midfield, he should be able to show off some of the skills that were more apparent in his junior years.

Perhaps the most important part of game when playing with the academy, was his ability to get to contest after contest after contest. He was also a bit Paul Kelly like, because he would arrive at a contest, where he was outnumbered by larger opponents and usually emerged with the ball. So, when you combine the ability to get the ball often and use it optimally, I think we'll see him joining the genuinely elite players of the competition, in the not too distant future. ⁷
    This is a good observation. He has elite footy IQ. To me, he's at the level of a Jarrad McVeigh or Sam Mitchell (I know) or Scott Pendlebury.

In the first half of the last year, he was largely playing a small/half forward role, but after his return from injury he was sliding further and further up the field at times and his decision making was even more evident in congestion.

I think I joked on here last year that he could play full back on Ben King and find a way to get the job done.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    I just saw a preview of the upcoming series on Stan called "Show Me The Money".

It's a 3 part documentary into the 2021 trading period, starting on March 10. I really like the idea of the show but just looking at the preview, it looks like a vehicle for player agents to spruik themselves.

Page 1 of 198 123451151101 ... LastLast