Page 11 of 96 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans VFL 2022

Senior Player
    McDonald another goal - great set snap from the pocket.

Veterans List
    McDonald snaps truly from an acute angle on the boundary after a free for a high tackle. Third goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Ronke set shot from 47m after Taylor found him with a clever in bound pass. His second.

Senior Player
    Ronke another goal after a good clever pass from Taylor.

Swans doing well.

Senior Player
    Swans 7.2.44
    Suns 5.5.35

Veterans List
    Swans consistently outmarked in the Suns' forward 50.

Senior Player
    As MattW said - we have been outmarked about 90% of the time this quarter. We look terrible right now - poor disposal and dare I say it don't look fit enough.

The last 15 minutes have been so one sided.

- - - Updated - - -

Swans 7.2.44
    Suns 7.9.51

1/2 time.

Ladhams is a mile off I think.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Agree. Swans barely touched the ball in the last 15 minutes. Ladhams got beaten badly in the ruck and the back line of Gould and Melican look very ordinary. The seniors better not have too many injuries because everyone I have seen look ordinary.

On the veteran's list
    Agreed. Ladhams is being obliterated. I had big hopes for Gould, but I’m afraid he’s looking like a draft bust. Mr Inbeween, too short for key defender, too slow for a flanker. Melican also looking a mile away. When Clarke and Taylor our best, you know we’re not travelling too well.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    As MattW said - we have been outmarked about 90% of the time this quarter. We look terrible right now - poor disposal and dare I say it don't look fit enough.

The last 15 minutes have been so one sided.

- - - Updated - - -

Swans 7.2.44
    Suns 7.9.51

1/2 time.

Ladhams is a mile off I think.
    Yep, Sinclair was better than Ladhams.

Senior Player
    Tend to agree from what I have seen regarding Ladhams I felt Sinclair has offered more so far which is a concern let’s hope we get him into shape and quickly.

Veteran Site Admin
    I thought they were going well for the first quarter and a half, but that second half of the second quarter was dreadful. The Suns' young skinny ruckman, Moyle, is making Ladhams look amateur.

Hopefully they can reset in the middle for the second half, because our forward line has looked pretty good when we've managed to get the ball up there.

I pray that the McCartins can keep themselves healthy, because their understudies aren't doing anything to impress. I wonder if moving Reid down back is a good idea - give him some experience playing in defence, just in case.

Although he hasn't had a lot of the ball, Rankin has let rip with some sizzling disposals. I've love to see them try to exit defence in the second half with the ball in his hands. He's capable of running it out and then kicking long and, more importantly, accurately.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Agreed. Ladhams is being obliterated. I was big fan of Goold, but I’m afraid he’s looking like a draft bust. Mr Inbeween, too short for key defender, too slow for a flanker.
    I saw the game at Whitten Oval live last week and Gould looked great. He has dropped a couple of pretty easy marks tonight and then outmarked easily in the quarter.

Taylor and Clarke look ok. Reid is at least an option besides McDonald.