Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans VFL 2022

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I think it's because none of the other venues are considered good enough for one reason or another, whether in relation to the surface or in relation to the camera angles available. But I could be wrong and maybe someone who actually knows can enlighten us.
    Blacktown is a very good surface and is used quite sparingly. There really isnt many grounds that are suitable in the east in my opinion - tramway doesnt really have the facilities to host a visiting team very well , henson park is quite small with archaic facilities and gore hill is an artificial pitch but is quite heavily used by both north shore and the wide community. What grounds other than the SCG would you suggest could be used ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Blacktown is a very good surface and is used quite sparingly. There really isnt many grounds that are suitable in the east in my opinion - tramway doesnt really have the facilities to host a visiting team very well , henson park is quite small with archaic facilities and gore hill is an artificial pitch but is quite heavily used by both north shore and the wide community. What grounds other than the SCG would you suggest could be used ?
    I don't think there is another ground as good as BISP in terms of surface, facilities, seating etc. However, I personally prefer watching games at Henson and I used to like it when they scheduled them at Drummoyne - mostly because of the convenience (relative to Blacktown) and also because they have a nice suburban feel (and Drummoyne is very pretty right by the Bay). I think the plan is to upgrade Henson and use it more often, but maybe for AFLW rather than AFLM.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Could not agree more. Laidler has failed to develop the reserves and appears to be retained as just one of the boys to have around. Probably on fairly low dollars as a coach with Horse, Pyke and Cox taking up the lions share of the cap. His insights are just platitudes that really say nothing and do not offend anybody. e.g. The comments on Corey Warner, was he just a spectator on the wing watching everyone else run up and back. Was not happy with the VFL team last year and disappointed so far this year. Would have been nice to have got a score, best players and some basic stats from the game even though it was just a practice hit out.
    Consistent with the usual lack of publicity I'm not sure many would of picked up that Tom Morrison, ex Sydney Uni NEAFL coach (quite successful there as a coach and I understand it well respected - Lloyd Perris, now at GWS AFLW earnt his coaching stripes under him there too) has joined as some sort of VFL assistant - I heard through player related sources - apparently making a great impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Consistent with the usual lack of publicity I'm not sure many would of picked up that Tom Morrison, ex Sydney Uni NEAFL coach (quite successful there as a coach and I understand it well respected - Lloyd Perris, now at GWS AFLW earnt his coaching stripes under him there too) has joined as some sort of VFL assistant - I heard through player related sources - apparently making a great impact.
    Great heads up! Thanks for that Jupiter.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Reid and Sheldrick not named in this side suggests one of them will be the medi sub.

Regular in the Side
    No O'Connor. Injured or omitted? If available not looking to good for his AFL future.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Reid and Sheldrick not named in this side suggests one of them will be the medi sub.
    And the other the emergency.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    No O'Connor. Injured or omitted? If available not looking to good for his AFL future.
    I don't think there's any restrictions for listed players, especially against a fellow AFL side. He's most likely injured.

Regular in the Side
    https://www.afl.com.au/news/725510/vfl-enters-a-new-era-of-live-streaming
    All VFL games this season will be streamed live from the AFL site. So we can watch our reserve players play this afternoon via afl.com.au/stream-vfl

Where is young Anderson from the North Coast?

Regular in the Side
    Game has started streaming now.

Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast