Page 44 of 96 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans VFL 2022

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Okay. Let's bring him in. Straight to the mids, to borrow a phrase, if you don't mind.
    Just my opinion , you dont have to get smart .

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Just my opinion , you dont have to get smart .
    Your arguments were very convincing in the end and you won me over.

We did have one player running around in the Reserves yesterday who is a brilliant kick and will likely have a great senior career for us going forward - Campbell.

I also don't think we should write Roberts off after one senior game. He looked behind the pace in his first senior game but I think he will learn a lot from that. Chad Warner hardly set the world on fire in his first game.

Melican is playing well in the Reserves so he could easily come in if we lost one of the McCartins or Ramps to injury. I'm not as sold on Gould as others but am happy to see him given a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    We did have one player running around in the Reserves yesterday who is a brilliant kick and will likely have a great senior career for us going forward - Campbell.

I also don't think we should write Roberts off after one senior game. He looked behind the pace in his first senior game but I think he will learn a lot from that. Chad Warner hardly set the world on fire in his first game.

Melican is playing well in the Reserves so he could easily come in if we lost one of the McCartins or Ramps to injury. I'm not as sold on Gould as others but am happy to see him given a go.
    Campbell should not have been dropped and Wicks kept in. Having said that, Wicks probably played his best game for the season with only one silly free and contributed. Well done! But if I had to chose between them, a no brainer for me, even though HF is not Campbell’ s best position.

Surely Clarke gets a game ahead of Stephens. Has played some massive games in the reserves and plays with heart. I'd love to see him come in to play a tagging role when we're playing the better teams. Sure his disposal isn't damaging, but its sure better than Stephens!

You'd think Clarke would only get a game if Rowbottom, Parker or Mills went down.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Surely Clarke gets a game ahead of Stephens. Has played some massive games in the reserves and plays with heart. I'd love to see him come in to play a tagging role when we're playing the better teams. Sure his disposal isn't damaging, but its sure better than Stephens!

You'd think Clarke would only get a game if Rowbottom, Parker or Mills went down.
    I agree that Ryan has done everything possible to be selected in the seniors however we just played one of the better teams ( some would say the best team ) and beat them without resorting to tagging .
    Yes we pressured them so much that they were second guessing themselves especially in the second quarter but I don’t think we ran a tag as such all night.
    We definitely made the Dee’s accountable but it was a team effort across the ground.
    I have seen opinions expressed on other forums that by playing JB as a tagger earlier in the year we actually detracted from what he can offer in a more traditional attacking midfield role. The last couple of weeks have added weight to that theory.
    I agree he could be a handy backup if required but maybe our game style has evolved so that that style of player isn’t part of our game plan moving forward ?

Senior Player
    Unfortunately Clarke's disposal is terrible and makes him a liability in the seniors. Its really sad, because every other aspect of his game is very good.

Worryingly, Stephens' disposal seems to now be on a par with Clarke's. They are like twins.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce49lHtB...d=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Hickey named, McAndrew also returns

Senior Player
    I can't quite get how Campbell is in the twos.

Is he being trained up to play wing, high forward, or somesuch?

Were his recent performances in the firsts seen as down in standard enough to be relegated?. Not by me, btw.

I'd love to be enlightened, cos I'm puzzled.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I can't quite get how Campbell is in the twos.

Is he being trained up to play wing, high forward, or somesuch?

Were his recent performances in the firsts seen as down in standard enough to be relegated?. Not by me, btw.

I'd love to be enlightened, cos I'm puzzled.
    Ive said it all yr , he is a mid and they will move him into mids . I would have done it at senior level and you know whos place i would have him take , but looks like coaches want him to learn it in the 2s. Not what i would do but im ok with it if it fast tracks getting him into mids where he belongs

Carrrnnn! Hall-Kahan.

Hall-Kahan probably best on ground?

Clarke, Amartey and Campbell also good