Page 65 of 96 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans VFL 2022

Kicking it to Amartey seems like a good plan for today.

Veterans List
    Kennedy done a hammy in his "good" leg apparently :-(

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Swans 52 to 27 . Amartey kicked 3 goals. Even performance. Love the body work and tackling from Gould.

Regular in the Side
    Huge bump by Gould on Cunnington. Love how he goes about it, his physicality is definitely a strength.

Gould just put on a bone crunching hit on a Kanga's player. Ben Cunnington I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    Huge bump by Gould on Cunnington. Love how he goes about it, his physicality is definitely a strength.
    Beat me to it BW.

A few goals towards the end of that quarter, made the margin a more realistic four goals. For a while, missed shots were keeping North in it.

Campbell looks too good for this level. As does Gould, who apart from a costly dropped mark, has looked dominant when near the ball. Ladhams, Roberts and Sheldrick have competed hard in tight. Shipley is continuing his pretty good VFL form. Warner, Rankin and Cunningham have had some nice outside touches. Wicks, now that he seems to have calmed down a bit, is playing a lively game. If they keep kicking to Amartey, he should end up with a large haul. And finally, academy prospect, Webster, doesn't look out of place at this level.

It looks like a sad ending to a great career for Kennedy. We tend to let our champions play on a bit too long. The signs were already there last season. Maybe we can take a lesson from this in respect to Franklin.

I know the game reports from the VFL lauded Kennedy's play, and said he was close to AFL selection. Although he did win plenty of ball, he had little impact on games. His disposal were were short and often missed the mark.

I would rather see these great players go out closer to the top of their games than like this.

As for the game, Amartey, Roberts, Cunningham, Gould and Campbell playing well. A mix of good an bad moments from Ladhams, Wicks and Bell

Regular in the Side
    For those not watching at home... Half Time, Swans by 25 - 4.3 v 7.10
    We are definitely the superior team across the ground, but the Kangas efficiency inside 50 and committed tackling keeping them in it.
    We appear to have an aerial dominance - with McLean, Amartey and Gould able to consistently take contested marks. Ladhams is the primary ruck and has been useful around the ground (less so in front of goal). Roberts, Bell, Campbell and Warner are supplying most of the drive in the midfield. Gould and Melican keeping things tight at the back (with Gould much more offensively minded), and Cunningham providing distribution.
    Also have to mention Shipley - I'm normally not a fan, but has played very well so far.

Senior Player
    Where can I watch the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    AFL site. Click on the top right three bar menu. Then click VFL, then streaming, then the game.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    https://www.afl.com.au/afl-tv/stream...ayer=1Djg1qHoh

Regular in the Side
    Wicks! Does some excellent things then stuffs up a simple disposal.