Page 69 of 96 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans VFL 2022

Way on top in that quarter, with our pressure very good. Sheldrick, Bell and Roberts working well inside; Warner, Campbell and Shipley on the outside. Up forward, McLean, Ronke and Amartey are all giving the impression they could kick plenty; while our defence is dealing effectively with the little that's been thrown at them. Free kicks have kept the Hawks more or less close.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Swans playing good football, great tackling. Could be a lot further ahead but for that last kick into the forward line. At least the kicking for goal is pretty accurate so far which makes a change. Both Amartey and McLean have kicked a great goal each. A little bit of silly rough stuff adding abit of spice but costly to the Swans! Rankin seems to be putting a hard tag on someone which is not being appreciated.

Harry Morrison has had some classy touches this quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Harry Morrison has had some classy touches this quarter.
    He certainly continues to show those moments every week..clever player

Regular in the Side
    Half time 3.6 v 6.5
    Box Hill definitely evened up the contest in that quarter. Tried to play on to minimise our pressure. We look a bit too tall in the heavy conditions - perhaps? Or maybe its watching ruckmen trying to kick goals around the corner after taking excellent contested marks... hmm
    Campbell does everything excellently, and will be better after another pre-season in the gym.
    Roberts is very consistent, Gould, McLean & Amartey strong in the air, and special mention to Harry Morrison - hard working and creative.

Box Hill probably had the better of that quarter, without really looking like they were going to over run us. Gould is leading the defence well and O'Connor is also doing well. Still, that late Morrison goal was handy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    Half time 3.6 v 6.5
    Box Hill definitely evened up the contest in that quarter. Tried to play on to minimise our pressure. We look a bit too tall in the heavy conditions - perhaps? Or maybe its watching ruckmen trying to kick goals around the corner after taking excellent contested marks... hmm
    Campbell does everything excellently, and will be better after another pre-season in the gym.
    Roberts is very consistent, Gould, McLean & Amartey strong in the air, and special mention to Harry Morrison - hard working and creative.
    Yes, probably have one tall too many in our forward line. Campbell generally looks too good for the VFL.

Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    He certainly continues to show those moments every week..clever player
    Yes, I do wonder what sort of contract he'll get next year? I assume that he's done enough for a VFL contract and I'm starting to think that a rookie spot mightn't be out of question. Shipley is also performing well at this level and is probably in the same boat.

It's almost as enjoyable belting the Hawks in the VFL as it is in the AFL.

Ladhams limping off injured this quarter is a worry though. Hopefully it's not too bad.

He's back on. Good sign.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Very good 7 goal to nil quarter to put the game away. Pretty well everyone is playing quality football.

Veteran Site Admin
    That may be the best quarter I've seen our VFL team play this year, against an opponent that aren't mugs. Just amazing attack on the ball from everyone, and great synergy.

Campbell, Sheldrick, Roberts, Gould all great. Ronke and Amartey great up forward. But everyone contributed.

I did enjoy that Ladhams goal. A very good impersonation of a small crumbing forward.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I did enjoy that Ladhams goal. A very good impersonation of a small crumbing forward.
    Is it my imagination or do we have a huge amount of left footers in this team and the play seems to be quarter by quarter on whichever wing our left footers are skirting around with their left foot kicks