Page 36 of 96 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans VFL 2022

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    McInerney, Warner and Wicks were there. Others may have also been there, but missed by me. I think its a harsh call to say the whole seniors should have been there.
    They are all in melbourne . What else is there to do ? Stop by Fed square and have a pint ? Go to the ground and support your mates !

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    They are all in melbourne . What else is there to do ? Stop by Fed square and have a pint ? Go to the ground and support your mates !
    Half of them might be back in Sydney by now? How do you know they are all still here?

Regular in the Side
    I've been looking at Stephens' game and trying to work out why he isn't getting more games in the seniors. In some of the other VFL games he has been a touch underwhelming, but today he was one of the best.
    Certainly he is athletically capable: quick enough and runs all day. He can read the play and knows where to go to win possession. No issue with physicality, has an excellent handball, and is capable in front of goal. I think the problem may be his kicking. He can pinpoint a long pass but fluff a short kick in the next minute. I'd be surprised if his kicking efficiency was over 60%.
    Perhaps I am reading too much into a small sample size? Have any other VFL watchers observed this?

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Half of them might be back in Sydney by now? How do you know they are all still here?
    They are flying in tonight . Could of easily been there. No drama , just dont like it . We are one club , not two teams .

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    I've been looking at Stephens' game and trying to work out why he isn't getting more games in the seniors. In some of the other VFL games he has been a touch underwhelming, but today he was one of the best.
    Certainly he is athletically capable: quick enough and runs all day. He can read the play and knows where to go to win possession. No issue with physicality, has an excellent handball, and is capable in front of goal. I think the problem may be his kicking. He can pinpoint a long pass but fluff a short kick in the next minute. I'd be surprised if his kicking efficiency was over 60%.
    Perhaps I am reading too much into a small sample size? Have any other VFL watchers observed this?
    He was good today - no doubt. He really ran all day and set up some great forward moves. He is better when the ball is fed out to him via a hand pass or short kick out wide. I don't think he is as good at winning his own ball which is more of a problem when he is in the seniors and cannot rely solely on being fed the ball. To me, he plays a bit like Bradley Hill at St Kilda but he is not as good with disposal as Hill. There is definitely something to work with there.

Great to see Fox back playing well, and from what I saw on the stream, he had a decent game. His 'scrapper' qualities would be beneficial in the backline at the moment in Seniors I think.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Stephens is a good kick, but often makes a poor decision by trying to kick the ball when under too much pressure to execute the kick properly, so it goes out of bounds or to the opposition. He should look for other options in those situations. It's better to go for a 50-50 situation than give away possession. It should be something he can correct.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Great to see Fox back playing well, and from what I saw on the stream, he had a decent game. His 'scrapper' qualities would be beneficial in the backline at the moment in Seniors I think.
    Yes, I thought Fox really grew into the game. He started slowly, but was great in the second half. As a former Coburg Lions player, he would know the ground well!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Side v Richmond

Sydney Swans VFL v Richmond - Round 10
    Lakeside Oval, 2:05pm
    2. Hayden McLean
    3. Dylan Stephens
    4. Ryan Clarke
    17. Will Gould
    18. Callum Sinclair
    25. Ben Ronke
    28. Lewis Taylor
    32. James Bell
    33. Marc Sheather
    35. Barry O'Connor
    36. Joel Amartey
    37. Corey Warner
    38. Colin O'Riordan
    41. Lachie Rankin
    42. Robbie Fox
    43. Lewis Melican
    46. Lachlan McAndrew
    52. Nic Shipley
    53. Jake Bartholomaeus
    55. Harry Morrison
    60. Jordan Endemann
    64. Will Collis
    Emergencies
    54. Angus Anderson
    56. Darcy Cordell
    61. Max Geddes
    65. Jeremy Laidler

Quarter time

Swans 3.5 (23) Richmond 3.2 (20)

Sydney goals: Amartey Collis Endemann
    Richmond goals: Cumberland Mansell Sonsie

Dominating possession and locking the ball in our froward half but not converting enough.

On the veteran's list
    Stephens getting a lot of it but squandering it as well. Bell looks like a star at this level which illustrates the yawning chasm between AFL and VFL. Gould has done a couple of impressive things.

A continuation of the 1st quarter, dominating inside 50s and territory with some poor finishing.

Halftime

Swans 5.11 (41) Tigers 5.3 (33)

Swans goals: Ronke 2 Amartey Collis Endemann
    Tigers goals: Cumberland Mansell Henderson Parker Sonsie

Bell and Stephens leading disposals with 18 each