Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Swans strut award

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    The individuality and spontaneity of celebrations are what make them great, not choreography.

And I’m sorry, but whilst we have some high quality strutters, there is no strut like the GOAT, knowing he’s the GOAT, having just done GOAT things, nodding his head and holding an arm high in the air and laughing at the opponent who knows he’s gotta stand the GOAT and saying to his team mates “yeah boys, you’re playing with the GOAT”, than Bud.
    Couldn’t agree more. And may we see this many many times this year!

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    The individuality and spontaneity of celebrations are what make them great, not choreography.

And I’m sorry, but whilst we have some high quality strutters, there is no strut like the GOAT, knowing he’s the GOAT, having just done GOAT things, nodding his head and holding an arm high in the air and laughing at the opponent who knows he’s gotta stand the GOAT and saying to his team mates “yeah boys, you’re playing with the GOAT”, than Bud.
    I reckon Nick Davis gave it a fair shake

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    I would like to see some choreogred celebrations after a goal is scored. In other sports you see teams have pre practiced choreographed celebrations where most of the team members have a choreographed part.Looks fantastic and the crowd loves it.Maybe after Papley scores a goal the forwards could all have a special cheographed routine incorporating dance fundamentals and culture.
    If you're taking the mick, it's pretty below par. If you're serious , you need to rethink a lot about this game.

This last post of BS has really made me begin to wonder whether he's having a lend of us all and killing himself laughing as he winds us up and watches us take the bait. I'm still not convinced - he's so earnest and eccentric at other times that I have believed in his authenticity - but this post has got me wondering. If he were trying to wind us up, I can't think of a better way to do it. Just checking it's not April Fool's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Current players, not sure.

But have we forgotten the king of the strut already albeit not with us very long.

I enjoyed that. But 'king of strut'?? Not even close.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    AFL Football is always evolving and many fans ,particularly young women enjoy dance and movement fundamentals. They would love a choreographed goal celebration involving multiple players. Players would also love planning and practicing their team celebration.

A win / win I would have thought.
    No.....time wasted at training I would have thought......time better spent learning how to beat next weeks opponent.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I reckon Nick Davis gave it a fair shake
    He did, and so do our current crop. But these are temporary moments.

The sustained, permanent knowledge that you're the GOAT and others never will be, makes for a different strut that pretenders can't match.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I enjoyed that. But 'king of strut'?? Not even close.
    This forum's consensus opinion at the time, not my words But yes, there are sure to be more recent contenders.

On the Rookie List
    Choreographed celebrations can (note, not do) work in other sports because the scoring is a lot less frequent.
    I can recall only one time that a celebration like that would have been appropriate...when Rod Carter kicked his only goal.

Pretty sure Robbie Fowler planned his “choreography” and that cost him a few weeks 😁 #pretendbylineisalineofcocaine

Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    Pretty sure Robbie Fowler planned his “choreography” and that cost him a few weeks 😁 #pretendbylineisalineofcocaine
    More a snort than a strut

Veterans List
    I would like to see some choreogred celebrations after a goal is scored.

In other sports you see teams have pre practiced choreographed celebrations where most of the team members have a choreographed part.

Looks fantastic and the crowd loves it.

Maybe after Papley scores a goal the forwards could all have a special cheographed routine incorporating dance fundamentals and culture.
    In the latest Inside Sydney video it shows some swans players (Papley, Hayward, Sinclair and Heeney) performing celebrations while they were being photographed. Were you the director Bangalore 😉?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast