Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: First preseason game v Giants in Albury

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Squad has been announced. TEAMS: New faces, stars galore in Friday's five practice matches

SYDNEY

1. Chad Warner, 2. Hayden Mclean, 3. Dylan Stephens, 4. Ryan Clarke, 5. Isaac Heeney, 6. Logan Mcdonald, 7. Harry Cunningham, 8. James Rowbottom, 9. Will Hayward, 11. Tom Papley, 12. Josh Kennedy, 13. Oliver Florent, 15. Sam Wicks, 16. Braeden Campbell, 17. Will Gould, 18. Callum Sinclair, 19. Peter Ladhams, 20. Sam Reid, 21. Errol Gulden, 22. Nicholas Blakey, 23. Lance Franklin, 24. Dane Rampe, 25. Ben Ronke, 26. Luke Parker, 27. Justin Mcinerney, 28. Lewis Taylor, 29. Angus Sheldrick, 30. Tom McCartin, 31. Tom Hickey, 32. James Bell, 34. Matthew Roberts, 35. Barry O'Connor, 39. Patrick McCartin, 41. Lachlan Rankin, 42. Robbie Fox, 44. Jake Lloyd, 46. Lachlan McAndrew, 48. Angus Anderson (VFL), 49. Jake Bartholomaeus (VFL)

Mills expectedly missing. Rowbottom too. After a very quick (and maybe error riddled) scan, other missing names seem to include Amartey, COR, Corey Warner, Melican.
    Rowbottom is there

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Rowbottom is there

So he is. Serves me right for doing the scan too quickly. I guess I was expecting him to be missing given reports of his recent injury.

Squad has been announced. TEAMS: New faces, stars galore in Friday's five practice matches

SYDNEY

1. Chad Warner, 2. Hayden Mclean, 3. Dylan Stephens, 4. Ryan Clarke, 5. Isaac Heeney, 6. Logan Mcdonald, 7. Harry Cunningham, 8. James Rowbottom, 9. Will Hayward, 11. Tom Papley, 12. Josh Kennedy, 13. Oliver Florent, 15. Sam Wicks, 16. Braeden Campbell, 17. Will Gould, 18. Callum Sinclair, 19. Peter Ladhams, 20. Sam Reid, 21. Errol Gulden, 22. Nicholas Blakey, 23. Lance Franklin, 24. Dane Rampe, 25. Ben Ronke, 26. Luke Parker, 27. Justin Mcinerney, 28. Lewis Taylor, 29. Angus Sheldrick, 30. Tom McCartin, 31. Tom Hickey, 32. James Bell, 34. Matthew Roberts, 35. Barry O'Connor, 39. Patrick McCartin, 41. Lachlan Rankin, 42. Robbie Fox, 44. Jake Lloyd, 46. Lachlan McAndrew, 48. Angus Anderson (VFL), 49. Jake Bartholomaeus (VFL)

Mills expectedly missing. Rowbottom too. After a very quick (and maybe error riddled) scan, other missing names seem to include Amartey, COR, Corey Warner, Melican.
    Sheather is the other one missing.

It seems all the absentees are due to injuries and niggles (although haven't heard this yet in relation to Corey or COR).
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Interesting to see Melican absent (think that's because he's been training on the sidelines all season - reckon it's going to be Paddy for R1).

Other stand out is Angus Anderson's selection. Could this be connected to Sam Naismith being moved to the inactive list??
    Yes please to Angus Anderson. From what others have posted previously, he sounds like the sort of player you want on your list. Besides, out with one AA, in with the new.

SYDNEY

Mark Sheather is the other one missing

39 names - probably includes players not expected to turn out on gameday, but starting to experience the travel and game preparation of AFL level.

That 'bonding' seemed to work over the last 2 seasons

Summary pre-match article posted this afternoon on SMH (so presumably also The Age). Search for this heading: “Buddy to tune up for 1000-goal mission in Albury pre-season match”.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    39 names - probably includes players not expected to turn out on gameday, but starting to experience the travel and game preparation of AFL level.

That 'bonding' seemed to work over the last 2 seasons
    I think they'll all play. The Andrew Wu article I posted at the top of this thread suggests this will be a 6 quarter game.

Veterans List
    Naismith moved to the Inactive list today means we have a list vacancy again.

I wonder if we have our eyes on someone like Angus Anderson to add in the Supplementary Listings period. After that lapses we can only add a player in the Mid Season Draft and you could lose the player you're interested in to a club that picks before you.

Looking forward to seeing a heap of the lesser lights in action.

So he is. Serves me right for doing the scan too quickly. I guess I was expecting him to be missing given reports of his recent injury.
    Maybe you should get a Bloods test.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Naismith moved to the Inactive list today means we have a list vacancy again.

I wonder if we have our eyes on someone like Angus Anderson to add in the Supplementary Listings period. After that lapses we can only add a player in the Mid Season Draft and you could lose the player you're interested in to a club that picks before you.

Looking forward to seeing a heap of the lesser lights in action.
    I dont think there is any rush to add Angry to the main list. Let's see how he performs in the Twos early in the season. Other prospects may emerge for the mid-seasin draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I dont think there is any rush to add Angry to the main list. Let's see how he performs in the Twos early in the season. Other prospects may emerge for the mid-seasin draft.
    He is playing in Albury. So we will get to have a look at him there. If he performs well there he may get a game against North.​

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast