Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: First preseason game v Giants in Albury

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Mate, no one agrees with TB on Rowbottom, including the media. No one gives a rats about comments they agree with apart from agreeing.

It's the relentlessness of the negativity coupled with the unwarranted vitriol that people have an issue with.....and feel compelled to respond to.

It's quite simple....get on board....or not. The world will keep turning.

BTW, your last comment is laughable......we have our own minds thanks. That's the whole point!
    People know that I’m not a big Wicks fan and I think his spot should go to a more talanted player. No one agrees with me re Wicks. However, I’m not getting the “pile on” that poor TB is having to deal with for questioning the virtue of Rowbottom.

Another poster told the same story of a “pile on” when he dared to question Jude Bolton in 2007.

Why do many Red and White posters resort to a “pile on” when you dare to question the virtue of a Swans fan favourite or your ideas retreat from established Swans.com press releases or Swans press conferences?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Why does anyone reply ?
    Great call!

Was a bit messy but remember thinking the same for our pre-season match v Giants last year and things turned out all right. There will be a learning curve for all of Heeney, McCartin. P, and JPK in their new roles if that is indeed where they end up in round 1 - may mean a slightly rocky start to the year, but all changes seem sensible in the long run.

Liked the look of young Roberts when he came on - some real polish there.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    People know that I’m not a big Wicks fan and I think his spot should go to a more talanted player. No one agrees with me re Wicks. However, I’m not getting the “pile on” that poor TB is having to deal with for questioning the virtue of Rowbottom.

Another poster told the same story of a “pile on” when he dared to question Jude Bolton in 2007.

Why do many Red and White posters resort to a “pile on” when you dare to question the virtue of a Swans fan favourite or your ideas retreat from established Swans.com press releases or Swans press conferences?
    Oh dear....read the second line of my post that you quoted.

With Wicks.....Are you relentless? No. Do you use vitriol? No.

As I said.....it's quite simple.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Oh dear....read the second line of my post that you quoted.

With Wicks.....Are you relentless? No. Do you use vitriol? No.

As I said.....it's quite simple.
    Call me stupid if you like call me grossly ridiculously naive but isn't this supposed to be about, you know, the Sydney Swans football team and, you know, like how they play and stuff like that? not about other people who posted on here.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Does anyone know who were the starting 18 in this game?
    Forward line was Buddy, HMac, Ladhams, Paps, Hayward Gulden
    Centre bounce Hickey Chad Heeney Parker with JMac and I think Ollie wings
    Defence didn't sight it on Kayo but Rampe was definitely there.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Why does anyone reply ?
    Because some of us have been here having a great time (mostly) for 20 YEARS. And this stuff really makes the whole RWO so much less enjoyable. You’ve been around long enough to understand, I would have thought. (Yes I remember when you joined).
    I/we really want to make the forum better. It’s that simple. Weird for an old Lefty like me to go all Conservative and hanker after “the good old days.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Forward line was Buddy, HMac, Ladhams, Paps, Hayward Gulden
    Centre bounce Hickey Chad Heeney Parker with JMac and I think Ollie wings
    Defence didn't sight it on Kayo but Rampe was definitely there.
    Thanks. McLean is the interesting one there. Most of us seem to think that McDonald will be used instead of McLean.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Thanks. McLean is the interesting one there. Most of us seem to think that McDonald will be used instead of McLean.
    I thought McLean was a little better then McDonald on Friday. But not a lot between them. Going to be real competition between the big men for spots this year!

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    I would be very surprised if WCE hasn't had a go at Logan McDonald. They are desperate for a young key forward.

No doubt in my mind there will be big offers for him from both the WA clubs. Let's hope we can convince him to stay - but fear he will always be a flight risk, especially as you say where wet toast are in the development cycle and looking for a new key forward.

"You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    No doubt in my mind there will be big offers for him from both the WA clubs. Let's hope we can convince him to stay - but fear he will always be a flight risk, especially as you say where wet toast are in the development cycle and looking for a new key forward.

Although, this season I expect West Coast to be down the bottom of the ladder and us to be near the top: so, I think the prospect of a couple of years of suffering in the west, may make any offer from us a bit more attractive. Fremantle, on the other hand, might be on the way up?

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I thought McLean was a little better then McDonald on Friday. But not a lot between them. Going to be real competition between the big men for spots this year!

I'd agree with this. I do feel that both HMac and Amartey are slightly ahead of LMac at present. Both are stronger targets and have a higher work rate although LMac would appear to have a higher ceiling.