Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd preseason game v North

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    What we've had thus far today is consistent with the weather forecast site I generally use. It has the chance of rain at less than 10% for most of the day, increasing later this evening along with the description changing from overcast to possible storm.

But then tomorrow it has the heavy and relentless rain returning, with amounts per hour back over 1mm. At 6am tomorrow it is showing the possible amount per hour as 5.4mm, though I wonder if that is a typo as I've never seen the forecasts with a volume prediction that high. (Though it certainly feels like we've experienced that amount of rain in a single hour.)

Sydney Weather Hourly For Today | Detailed Forecast
    There's this snippet from an ABC article on the recent record breaking rainfall in and around Brisbane.

"From 9am Thursday to 9am Monday three stations recorded over a metre of rain:

- 1637mm at Mount Glorious, QLD
    - 1180mm at Pomona, QLD
    - 1094mm at Bracken Ridge."

If my maths is correct, the Mt Glorious total averages out at a bit under 17mm per hour. Much of that would've flowed into Wivenhoe dam, yet commercial media talking heads still wanted to carp about dam releases.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    There's this snippet from an ABC article on the recent record breaking rainfall in and around Brisbane.

- 1180mm at Pomona, QLD

If my maths is correct, the Mt Glorious total averages out at a bit under 17mm per hour. Much of that would've flowed into Wivenhoe dam, yet commercial media talking heads still wanted to carp about dam releases.
    Those amounts are staggering. That's roughly 2.5 times Melbourne's average ANNUAL rainfall - in a day!!

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post

- 1180mm at Pomona, QLD

Some of the rainfall figures up around lismore were incredible. In 20 hours, the Channon I think it was (a little north of Lismore) had 750mm of rain - utterly crazy!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Here's the team.

Franklin presumably rested. Interesting that Ladhams is playing vfl. Good to see Mills named.

TEAM: Team named to face North Melbourne

Veteran Site Admin
    Ladhams must have done a few things to disappoint the coaches last week. With Franklin not playing it would seem prett my obvious to plonk him (Ladhams) in front of goal. Yet they’ve named PMac there instead. I realise you can’t always go with positions as named, but you’d think either PMac or Reid will need to spend some time forward.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Here's the team.

Franklin presumably rested. Interesting that Ladhams is playing vfl. Good to see Mills named.

TEAM: Team named to face North Melbourne
    I understand this is just a trial but found it interesting to see Paddy picked as a forward. I wonder if the thinking of Paddy playing in defence is shifting as long as Reid is able to play a role down back? It's possible they're just trying to get more game time into him and with Buddy + Ladhams not playing, there's a spot up forward.

Also noting that Matty Roberts has been chosen on the extended bench ahead of Gus (named as an emergency). Does this suggest he's ahead of Sheldrick at this stage?

Senior Player
    Ladhams must have done a few things to disappoint the coaches last week. With Franklin not playing it would seem prett my obvious to plonk him (Ladhams) in front of goal. Yet they’ve named PMac there instead. I realise you can’t always go with positions as named, but you’d think either PMac or Reid will need to spend some time forward.
    Yes, agreed. John did strike me as a little disapproving when asked about Ladhams' game in last week's press conference. It'll be interesting to see how much of a look they give Paddy up forward.

Confirmation Lance is bring rested: Callum Twomey on Twitter: "Lance Franklin missing for the Swans tomorrow in the AAMI Community Series but is being rested ahead of round 1 (& maybe the 1000-goal game). Club says he trained fully yesterday. Good to see Cal Mills back after racing the clock with his Achilles injury. https://t.co/jWDSw8KsOf". Makes sense for him not to slog through the expected downpour.

The other selection piece which struck me was Campbell off half back over Fox.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Yeh very suprised that Ladhams isn't in there and is playing VFL instead. Frank and fearless feedback potentially early on.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    The other selection piece which struck me was Campbell off half back over Fox.
    That one suprises me less. I still think they will start the season with Campbell off the half back flank, as he did last season before he got injured.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Not surprised Ladhams has been overlooked. His follow up and off the ball work is sluggish. If PMac plays forward and does well, we will have a very dangerous and mobile setup in F50. Playing Reid solves the issue of backup ruck and I think he can do well as an intercept 3rd tall defender. Overall, like the personnel picked for this game - it's as close to our best 22.

Of our listed bench, Mills, Florent, Wicks, Stephens and McLean are only down to play the main game. Ronke, McAndrew and Roberts also listed for the VFL team.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Not surprised Ladhams has been overlooked. His follow up and off the ball work is sluggish. If PMac plays forward and does well, we will have a very dangerous and mobile setup in F50. Playing Reid solves the issue of backup ruck and I think he can do well as an intercept 3rd tall defender. Overall, like the personnel picked for this game - it's as close to our best 22.
    I like Ladhams but I'm happy for him to be forced to earn his spot. Good point about Reid and the 2nd Ruck. So many rotation combinations within this group.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    I like Ladhams but I'm happy for him to be forced to earn his spot. Good point about Reid and the 2nd Ruck. So many rotation combinations within this group.
    My guess with Ladhams is they want him to play as first ruck for a whole game.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast