Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd preseason game v North

I see our VFL UMPIRES are still as biased. @@@@ Gill on, the umpiring is atrocious

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Sam Reid is playing for his career. He isn't doing a very good job

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I see our VFL UMPIRES are still as biased. @@@@ Gill on, the umpiring is atrocious

Been some interesting calls the last few minutes.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Soft free kick but Horne-Francis looks like he is going to be a gun.

Wonderful hands in the lead up to that goal from Gulden.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Our tackling was what really impressed me the half. We hardly ever let them break a tackle. Bit of a slog but probably a really hard tough tune up for 2 weeks time is a good thing.

Hickey impressing me with his ability to get the ball even when it is so wet.

I bet McLean wishes he had not kicked those 2 posters - but looking more likely than Reid or McDonald to play round 1.

Great to see Stephens getting plenty of the pill and more involved - still at times a bit dodgy with his use of the ball, but confidence is clearly building which is great.

Really impressed by Blakey's improved decision making in tight defensively - showing good ability to help get the ball out from in tight, and finding team mates in the process.

McInerney building very nicely into the season by the looks of it, and lovely to have Mills back - making a big difference to the overall midfield group already.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Our tackling was what really impressed me the half. We hardly ever let them break a tackle. Bit of a slog but probably a really hard tough tune up for 2 weeks time is a good thing.

Hickey impressing me with his ability to get the ball even when it is so wet.

I bet McLean wishes he had not kicked those 2 posters - but looking more likely than Reid or McDonald to play round 1.
    HMc is a good target up forward. I'd say he should play, alongside Buddy and LMac, with Ladhams and Reid to miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Great to see Stephens getting plenty of the pill and more involved - still at times a bit dodgy with his use of the ball, but confidence is clearly building which is great.

Really impressed by Blakey's improved decision making in tight defensively - showing good ability to help get the ball out from in tight, and finding team mates in the process.

McInerney building very nicely into the season by the looks of it, and lovely to have Mills back - making a big difference to the overall midfield group already.
    Stephens getting plenty of ball is a plus. Blakey running off half back is one of the things I'm most looking forward to this season. And McInerney looks set for a big year: seems to have added a bit more strength, to go with the pace and ball use.

Over all, I think we were running a bit harder and out tackling them. Should slowly edge our way further in front in the second half. Though to be honest, I wouldn't mind a storm rolling in and the rest of the game being called off, without us getting any major injuries.

Senior Player
    They have had a pretty good run with the umps

2nd preseason game v North

I know it’s wet which impacts skills and standards but it is quite a boring game. Very slow. The Sydney style of just chipping it around doesn’t help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Luke having a few issues with disposal today. Not sure why he thought a ten metre kick in the defensive fifty was worth a try 😀

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast