Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Academy Games - 2022.

Very good performance. The 87-36 scoreline perhaps flattered the Bushrangers, as a couple of a late goals made it a bit closer. Probably the main difference was the pressure that we applied to the ball carrier. The Bushrangers had very little free flowing ball movement. In contrast, we were able to often hit players running into space.

Lots of players did good things. I could make a bingo call of all the players that impressed me, at least some of the time. Plenty of sharp work at the contest. Plenty of run. Some impressive key position work. However, the two players that I'm most keen to see again are 28 and 29.

28 was dominating as a KPD, in the first half, and then spent a fair bit of time playing ruck in the second. When doing so, he got plenty of hitouts and his follow up work was very good.

29 took some strong grabs as a KPF, led well and seemed to have not much trouble kicking it through from outside 50.

If only I knew who they were.

Veteran Site Admin
    2nds - Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion) | Page 145 | BigFooty Forum

A poster on this Swans BF thread seems pretty sure that 29 is King.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    2nds - Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion) | Page 145 | BigFooty Forum

Not really sure, as those highlights weren't a one person being featured package?

However, 22 is definitely Bililign Robertson and I'm pretty sure that 8 is Mickey O's nephew, TJ Speedy Coe: who seems to have grown and improved a bit from last season.

Veteran Site Admin
    I agree that highlights package wasn't compelling support for his guess.

Someone else has now come in and suggested that King is injured and thus wasn't playing. That person has also suggested one of the big blonde lumps was Puncher. That makes sense. Would make him U19 but I vaguely recognise him (ie being blonde and big) from the limited sightings we had last season.

I agree that highlights package wasn't compelling support for his guess.

Someone else has now come in and suggested that King is injured and thus wasn't playing. That person has also suggested one of the big blonde lumps was Puncher. That makes sense. Would make him U19 but I vaguely recognise him (ie being blonde and big) from the limited sightings we had last season.
    And 29 may be Lenny Robin? Unfortunately, the only picture on Lenny Robin's Facebook page, is a group photo. But the most prominent person in the group, looks like 29.

Hopefully, someone at the Swans will do a write up of the game, that will contain a few pointers.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And 29 may be Lenny Robin? Unfortunately, the only picture on Lenny Robin's Facebook page, is a group photo. But the most prominent person in the group, looks like 29.

Hopefully, someone at the Swans will do a write up of the game, that will contain a few pointers.
    I've seen a bit of the academy boys and recognise a few.

29- Lenny Robin
    3- Felix Rogers
    10-Indhi Kirk
    24- Thomas Longmire
    22- Bililign Robertson
    8- Jordan Endemann
    23- Tye Gander
    28- Will Edwards
    25- Liam Puncher
    11- Mitchell Kunigiskis

Billy King didn't play
    I FEEL THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wedge.maverick View Post
    I've seen a bit of the academy boys and recognise a few.

29- Lenny Robin
    3- Felix Rogers
    10-Indhi Kirk
    24- Thomas Longmire
    22- Bililign Robertson
    8- Jordan Endemann
    23- Tye Gander
    28- Will Edwards
    25- Liam Puncher
    11- Mitchell Kunigiskis

Billy King didn't play
    Thanks for that.
    I remember seeing Will Edwards play an early game or two last year, and being interested in how he was likely to develop. Looked raw, but he seemed to have something. Really liked his game today.

Conversely, around a year ago, I was keeping an eye on Brett Kirk's son, but was disappointed. I'm pleased he did well today.

Couple of questions. Did TJ Speedy Coe play today? And do you know which of the ones mentioned are in their draft year and which are over-aged?

Thanks for the clarification Wedge. I liked what I saw from the team today and think Liz's point about there being an even spread of talent evident. What struck me too was that it seemed they were well-coached and there weren't many lapses until the fourth quarter when the Bushrangers nabbed a couple. The future's bright!

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar

I am pretty sure that Number 29 is a very fine song by the great Steve Earle.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Senior Player
    Snippet of information from the Swans' instagram account:

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Interesting in so far as the next level (ie Nationals/Allies) this year goes back to under 18 with under 19s only permitted on special application .

Of the boys mentioned above :
    29- Lenny Robin - u19
    3- Felix Rogers - u19
    10-Indhi Kirk - u18
    24- Thomas Longmire - u19
    22- Bililign Robertson - u18
    8- Jordan Endemann - u19
    23- Tye Gander - u18
    28- Will Edwards - u19
    25- Liam Puncher - u19
    11- Mitchell Kunigiskis - u18

Also from the bests - Alker, Giacometti, Smit - under19s, Webster - u18

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Interesting in so far as the next level (ie Nationals/Allies) this year goes back to under 18 with under 19s only permitted on special application .

Of the boys mentioned above :
    29- Lenny Robin - u19
    3- Felix Rogers - u19
    10-Indhi Kirk - u18
    24- Thomas Longmire - u19
    22- Bililign Robertson - u18
    8- Jordan Endemann - u19
    23- Tye Gander - u18
    28- Will Edwards - u19
    25- Liam Puncher - u19
    11- Mitchell Kunigiskis - u18

Also from the bests - Alker, Giacometti, Smit - under19s, Webster - u18
    Thanks for that.

Unfortunately, that makes Saturday's performance a fair bit less impressive than it originally appeared. That is, most of the players that caught the eye, were actually eligible to be drafted last year. So rather than being interesting draft prospects, they're more likely auditioning for a chance to play a few minutes in our VFL side this season. But still, perhaps some of them will be talented enough, to move through the pathway of VFL cameos, to VFL contract, to rookie list spot, to senior side?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast