Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Swans Academy Games - 2022.

Veteran Site Admin
    Watch it LIVE: Allies v Western Australia from 12.30pm ACST

The Allies are playing WA shortly. Game starts at 1pm (Sydney time) and it is being streamed on the AFL site. Anderson, Edwards and Webster are all set to play.

I'm slightly disappointed that young Kirk hasn't been given at least one game to experience this level of footy.

Veteran Site Admin
    Can anyone provide hints about how to actually watch the stream? The page I linked above states it is being streamed but I can't find a link to the actual stream anywhere.

Regular in the Side
    Toby Alker who has been playing in our VFL side is also named.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Can anyone provide hints about how to actually watch the stream? The page I linked above states it is being streamed but I can't find a link to the actual stream anywhere.
    Is this it? Watch it LIVE: Allies v Western Australia from 12.30pm ACST

Veteran Site Admin
    The link has just become live. I've verified it wasn't just me - there's a BF thread commenting on how the link wasn't working til just recently. Looks like we might have missed the best Allies play of the series so far, judging by the score.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The link has just become live. I've verified it wasn't just me - there's a BF thread commenting on how the link wasn't working til just recently. Looks like we might have missed the best Allies play of the series so far, judging by the score.
    Have to watch a replay.

Appreciate your thoughts on what you do catch Liz

just found out that Chris Smith has left the academy. effective immediately
    he was head of the academy for 14 years
    no information from the swans?

Quote Originally Posted by vicswan View Post
    just found out that Chris Smith has left the academy. effective immediately
    he was head of the academy for 14 years
    no information from the swans?
    Looks like a bit of a changing of the guard with Crouchy leaving earlier this year.

A lot of lost experience but from what I’ve heard from different parents , maybe it could do with a shakeup as well.

From different parents some of the common comments were :
    1. Lack of direct feedback to the boys both during the season and at the end to help their improvement.
    2. Boys being suddenly shunned without any real feedback as to why
    3. Lack of meaningful feedback when boys are cut.

Will be interesting to see if Nick Davis stays on.

Anyone know if he was pushed ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Swans Academy Games - 2022.

Small report at the end of this article

smh

The last line sounds a tad ominous

The club expects to use the opportunity presented to re-assess the program’s priorities and where resources are directed with the academies vital to the Giants, Gold Coast and Brisbane Lions’ programs
    Last edited by ugg; 20th July 2022 at 05:35 PM.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Looks like a bit of a changing of the guard with Crouchy leaving earlier this year.

A lot of lost experience but from what I’ve heard from different parents , maybe it could do with a shakeup as well.

From different parents some of the common comments were :
    1. Lack of direct feedback to the boys both during the season and at the end to help their improvement.
    2. Boys being suddenly shunned without any real feedback as to why
    3. Lack of meaningful feedback when boys are cut.

Will be interesting to see if Nick Davis stays on.

Anyone know if he was pushed ?
    Leaving aside the above issue, there's another thing I don't understand.
    In the last 8 drafts, we've picked up 4 Scholarship 1st rounders. Blakey, Mills, Heeney and Campbell.
    That's 1 every 2 years, and so far no failures.
    So far so good. But where are the Scholarship selections from outside the first round? - since 2014, I think there only been 1 - Errol Gulden and that's it. And the same dearth of selections applies to the rookies. McAndrew was a mid season pick - but there's litle else.
    It's not a huge sample I know. It could be a statistical anomaly, but when it comes to the Scholarship draftee profile we're defintely not talking a bell curve.
    I wonder whether anyones asking that question?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Leaving aside the above issue, there's another thing I don't understand.
    In the last 8 drafts, we've picked up 4 Scholarship 1st rounders. Blakey, Mills, Heeney and Campbell.
    That's 1 every 2 years, and so far no failures.
    So far so good. But where are the Scholarship selections from outside the first round? - since 2014, I think there only been 1 - Errol Gulden and that's it. And the same dearth of selections applies to the rookies. McAndrew was a mid season pick - but there's litle else.
    It's not a huge sample I know. It could be a statistical anomaly, but when it comes to the Scholarship draftee profile we're defintely not talking a bell curve.
    I wonder whether anyones asking that question?
    Quite a few have come through the rookie list: Bell, Wicks, Sheather, Naismith. In previous years there's been Foote, Brandon Jack. Not sure if Kieran came through the academy? There's probably a fair few that never got off the rookie list and a few others that I can't recall at the moment?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Quite a few have come through the rookie list: Bell, Wicks, Sheather, Naismith. In previous years there's been Foote, Brandon Jack. Not sure if Kieran came through the academy? There's probably a fair few that never got off the rookie list and a few others that I can't recall at the moment?
    Dan Robinson was one. I was quite disappointed he was let go after his shoulder injuries etc. Thought he was a decent though bottom six player.