Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Academy Games - 2022.

A bit more info on the weekend's games.

QBE Academy: Swans victorious over Suns

The May that they mentioned as being among the best, is a 204cm ruck prospect.

In the futures game, our leading goal kicker was small forward Ben Cheshire. I liked his skill set when I saw him play the previous week.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Great to read the above reports. What was Angus Anderson up to? He didn't get a mention in any reports or the official bests. Does young Longmire show any signs of following in his father's footsteps?

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Great to read the above reports. What was Angus Anderson up to? He didn't get a mention in any reports or the official bests. Does young Longmire show any signs of following in his father's footsteps?
    I believe Angus Anderson played VFL instead.

Longmire not as big as his Dad . Reasonable forward but not at the top end of the academy in my opinion.

Veteran Site Admin
    Angus Anderson didn't play. I guess he was in the VFL side. I was about to write that I wondered whether he were eligible for the U19 side now that he's been named as a potential COVID top up player, but Will Edwards has also been named in the top up list, and he played this game, so clearly that makes no difference.

Thanks for the reports, deja!
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Opti-pessi-misti
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    I believe Angus Anderson played VFL instead.

Longmire not as big as his Dad . Reasonable forward but not at the top end of the academy in my opinion.
    Thanks Mr Magoo and Liz.

According to the schedule at the very start of this thread, we're supposed to playing the Lions at Blacktown today. I can't find any links, teams or recent mentions. Does anyone know if the game is on, or if it's been cancelled for some reason?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    According to the schedule at the very start of this thread, we're supposed to playing the Lions at Blacktown today. I can't find any links, teams or recent mentions. Does anyone know if the game is on, or if it's been cancelled for some reason?
    Academy - 2022 Northern Academies | Page 2 | BigFooty Forum

I had thought it was scheduled for tomorrow, rather than today. But according to the thread above, the games have been postponed for six or so weeks on account of the cumulative impact of the weather. Let's hope it's stopped raining by May.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Academy - 2022 Northern Academies | Page 2 | BigFooty Forum

I had thought it was scheduled for tomorrow, rather than today. But according to the thread above, the games have been postponed for six or so weeks on account of the cumulative impact of the weather. Let's hope it's stopped raining by May.
    Ta. That might actually be best for the team, as they play their first NAB League game against the Northern Knights next Saturday, and a rest would probably be beneficial.

Our academy team plays its first NAB League match of the season tomorrow, against the Northern Knights at 2.15pm. Usually, these games can be watched through the NAB League app, but our game has been chosen to be shown on the Herald Sun website. Apparently this needs some sort of Herald Sun subscription to do so. Even though this seems to only cost $1 for the first month, I have absolutely no interest in supporting a News Corpse company in any way; so that’s me out.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Our academy team plays its first NAB League match of the season tomorrow, against the Northern Knights at 2.15pm. Usually, these games can be watched through the NAB League app, but our game has been chosen to be shown on the Herald Sun website. Apparently this needs some sort of Herald Sun subscription to do so. Even though this seems to only cost $1 for the first month, I have absolutely no interest in supporting a News Corpse company in any way; so that’s me out.
    I thought about it for a few minutes. I already subscribe to Foxtel (for footy purposes) so the ethical argument resonates but doesn't really stick for me.

I got as far as reading the terms and conditions of the HS subscription. Although it headlines the offer as $1 for the first month, it's not described as a trial period (as Kayo advertise their initial offer). So it's not clear that you can sign up for a dollar and then cancel immediately, though admittedly I only skim read. I did absorb that you can't cancel online. You have to ring them up to cancel, which is a sure sign that whatever the legal niceties, they will make it difficult for you to cancel.

So guess I'll go for a walk instead. Take advantage of the rare lack of rain.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I thought about it for a few minutes. I already subscribe to Foxtel (for footy purposes) so the ethical argument resonates but doesn't really stick for me.

I got as far as reading the terms and conditions of the HS subscription. Although it headlines the offer as $1 for the first month, it's not described as a trial period (as Kayo advertise their initial offer). So it's not clear that you can sign up for a dollar and then cancel immediately, though admittedly I only skim read. I did absorb that you can't cancel online. You have to ring them up to cancel, which is a sure sign that whatever the legal niceties, they will make it difficult for you to cancel.

So guess I'll go for a walk instead. Take advantage of the rare lack of rain.
    Damn, since the game appears to be happening in an information free zone, I was sorta hoping that you would keep us informed.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast