Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Academy Games - 2022.

Didn't realise that the academy was playing Gippsland today. It's currently early in the final quarter and we're a couple of goals behind. It's streaming on the NAB League app.

Gippsland ran away with it late to win 122-70.

These are the Rookie Me votes for our last game.
    5 – Bailey Humphrey (Gippsland Power)
    4 – Jonti Schuback (Gippsland Power)
    3 – Archer Reid (Gippsland Power)
    2 – Caiden Cleary (Swans Academy)
    1 – Indhi Kirk (Swans Academy)

That's six votes in two games for Cleary. Since he's an underager, I'm starting to think that we have a genuine prospect for the 2023 draft.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    These are the Rookie Me votes for our last game.
    5 – Bailey Humphrey (Gippsland Power)
    4 – Jonti Schuback (Gippsland Power)
    3 – Archer Reid (Gippsland Power)
    2 – Caiden Cleary (Swans Academy)
    1 – Indhi Kirk (Swans Academy)

That's six votes in two games for Cleary. Since he's an underager, I'm starting to think that we have a genuine prospect for the 2023 draft.
    I like the enthusiasm for Cleary, I'll be keeping an eye out for him. You mentioned he's a strongly built inside mid, would you classify him as a tall, medium or small?

Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    I like the enthusiasm for Cleary, I'll be keeping an eye out for him. You mentioned he's a strongly built inside mid, would you classify him as a tall, medium or small?
    He's listed as 180cm. Which by AFL standards is probably small/medium. Although, he could easily grow a few centimetres in the eighteen months before his draft night. On my limited views, I'd class him as a nippy, in and under type. In that he has the toughness to win his own ball and the speed to escape with it. On our list, he's perhaps closest to Chad?

Of course, a lot can change over the next couple of seasons, but so far, I'm impressed

He's listed as 180cm. Which by AFL standards is probably small/medium. Although, he could easily grow a few centimetres in the eighteen months before his draft night. On my limited views, I'd class him as a nippy, in and under type. In that he has the toughness to win his own ball and the speed to escape with it. On our list, he's perhaps closest to Chad?

Of course, a lot can change over the next couple of seasons, but so far, I'm impressed
    His stats over the past two games are pretty impressive for an underager and in losing teams and considering at least eight or nine players are under 19s players as well - even Errol wasnt getting those sort of stats at nab league level in his underage year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    His stats over the past two games are pretty impressive for an underager and in losing teams and considering at least eight or nine players are under 19s players as well - even Errol wasnt getting those sort of stats at nab league level in his underage year.
    Yes, I was thinking about comparing him to Errol, instead of Chad; but to me, that's much higher praise and I didn't want to get that enthused on only a few views.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Yes, I was thinking about comparing him to Errol, instead of Chad; but to me, that's much higher praise and I didn't want to get that enthused on only a few views.
    Comparisons to either Chad or Errol, even at this early stage are encouraging.

Our academy side travel to Craigieburn today, to play the GWV Rebels at 2.15pm. I assume that it will be streamed on the NAB League app. They haven't put out a team list yet, but you can get the numbers of players who've been in previous games, by looking in the fixture section of the NAB League app and clicking on the player stats section of our past matches.

In front 21-9 at quarter time. Probably should be a little bit further in front, but lacked some cohesion going forward. King has been really good in the ruck, getting plenty of taps to advantage. Anderson, Kirk, Cleary and Giacometti have all been busy in the midfield. Endemann scored one goal and set up another. Defensive pressure has been good.

Senior Player
    47 to 24 in the Rebels favour.

Very poor performance in that quarter. The competiveness of the side must a real concern for the club.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Don't know what happened in that quarter, but GWV kicked all 6 goals, to be 47-24 up at the half. There is a breeze, but I don't think it's that strong. Our problem was more that we constantly missed targets, and consequently, had very little clean ball movement.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast