Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Academy Games - 2022.

Veteran Site Admin
    Our boys seemed to have been thumped by the Northern Knights.

14.11.95 (Knights) to 3.9.27 (Swans)

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Our boys seemed to have been thumped by the Northern Knights.

14.11.95 (Knights) to 3.9.27 (Swans)
    Glad I didn't sign up to News Corpse, then. If I had watched that, I would have felt cheated and disappointed with myself.

You can now watch the replay for free. Northern knights pretty comprehensively beat them .

Footnote from the game - Lachlan Gabor who was the Swans Academy boy who was in the NAB academy this year injured himself early in the game and didnt look good . Not sure exactly but looked like a knee injury.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Footnote from the game - Lachlan Gabor who was the Swans Academy boy who was in the NAB academy this year injured himself early in the game and didnt look good . Not sure exactly but looked like a knee injury.
    Bugger, hope he's ok. Or it could mean we get a draft steal :-)

I haven't got around to watching last week's game, but Rookie Me Draft Central are quite keen on the performance of Indhi Kirk.

NAB League Player Focus: Indhi Kirk (Swans Academy) - Aussie Rules Rookie Me Central

In another article, they named Rogers and Giacometti as our next best. However, unlike Kirk, those two are over-agers.

The next academy game is on Sunday at noon, against Tasmania at Blacktown. It will be streamed via the NAB League app: assuming that they can keep the app running.

Only saw the last bit of the first quarter. Down 17-11 at the break.

This is the team list, if anyone is wondering who they're watching.

https://m.facebook.com/QBESydneySwan...&__tn__=%2AW-R

We probably had slightly the better of that quarter, but kicked a few too many behinds, to be down 36-33 at the half. Some of our tackling has been good and has resulted in a few shots. One of those was when King drop

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    We probably had slightly the better of that quarter, but kicked a few too many behinds, to be down 36-33 at the half. Some of our tackling has been good and has resulted in a few shots. One of those was when King drop
    ...dropped a mark, but cleaned up his own mess, by laying a good tackle, to win a free and put through the set shot. Our best goal was to Gander, who spilt a high marking attempt but roved his own crumb, then slotted it from the pocket.

Down 51-45 at three quarter time. Much the same as last quarter: probably had the better of it, but wasted too many chances. Our 45 includes 15 behinds, although a few were rushed. The one goal was some nice work by Giacometti, who picked up a clever knock on from Kirk in traffic and made enough space to snap from around 40.

Ended up losing 70-59. Early in the last, it looked like we were going to overrun them after kicking a couple of quick goals, but two silly 50m penalties shifted the momentum back to Tasmania. Many of our players had pretty good games, without anyone putting in the sort of dominant performance, that would greatly enhance their draft prospects.

The two players who caught my eye the most, as possible draft picks, are long term prospects for the 2023 draft. The first of them, Caiden Cleary, is a strongly built inside mid. He fought hard for the ball, had enough pace to break away from contests, used it well and chased hard in defence. The other, Caleb May, is yet to turn sixteen, but is listed as 204cm. Although, I suspect that he may have added a couple of centimetres since he was measured. Obviously he was playing in the ruck, where he got plenty of taps to advantage. He also seems fairly mobile, is a reasonable kick and exerted a bit of defensive pressure. Another eighteen months in the system to develop his skills, with a bit more natural growth, could see his name being called out on draft night.

Rookie Me is doing some sort of best and fairest voting, on a 5-4-3-2-1 basis. Our players to get votes in the last round were Cleary with 4 votes and Giacometti with 1. Cleary and Endemann were our leading possession getters with 29 each, while Giacometti got 27.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast