Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1 v Giants

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    We still haven’t received our member packs??
    As far as I can tell, you may not receive a member pack this year - this from a recent club email: "You've been issued a Swanshop voucher as your Member Choice item for the 2022 season. As a result, you will not be sent a member pack in the post."

You can however already access tickets online or in the app for the Giants (included as a bonus in your membership mws an away game) and I imagine other home games as well.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Another note regarding teams for round 1 - Kennedy may be spending some time in defence this year. So I expect he'll rotate through defence rather than the midfield, and this will alter the team balance elsewhere.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Another note regarding teams for round 1 - Kennedy may be spending some time in defence this year. So I expect he'll rotate through defence rather than the midfield, and this will alter the team balance elsewhere.
    Terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    JPK in defence looks a good move. Hopefully he follows the form of Hepple and Pendlebury in similar moves at their respective clubs. We need to make make room at stoppages for Warner and a few others who have shown ability playing on ball.

Veterans List
    So this is the 'match thread'......for a game that is still a week away?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    So this is the 'match thread'......for a game that is still a week away?
    Yes, I get that we're all excited for the new season but we'll be burned out by Saturday at this rate!

Perhaps this thread should be re-labelled, and we can start a new one closer to the day where the focus is on the match day news as we usually do: build-up (weather, teams, odds, where to watch/listen) and of course the game itself?

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    The game is now less than a week away and the thread is still short, "play on, not 15"
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Preuss not playing so it will be Flynn and someone like Riccardi back up rucking, should give us a ruck advantage, particularly if we as expected play Ladhams.

Hopefully the weather improves by then
    They have options. Flynn & Hogan, Flynn & Riccardi, Flynn & Briggs, Flynn & Himmelberg. I don't think a 'Return of the Mummy' will be needed. What we need to worry about is stopping their midfield. In the practice match they slaughtered us in the stoppages. We also need to stop their running half backs in Whitfield, Cumming and Idon. I know it was only a practice match & we were much better in the stoppages against Norf but need to get even better.

Greene is a big missing link for them but Tarranto seems to be filling the void. They are also without Daniels who offers them zip around the packs in the forward line.

What will our ruck look like;

Hickey & Ladhams, Hickey & McLean or Hickey & Reid? Do we play JPK on the back flank? Who goes out? McAndrew, Roberts, Ronke & Reid will come out in my opinion. So that leaves 22.

Franklin McDonald Gulden

Heeney McLean/Ladhams Wicks/Hayward

Florent Mills McInerney

Rampe P McCartin Lloyd

Cunningham T McCartin Blakey

Hickey Parker Rowbottom/Warner

I/C: Warner, Stephens, Kennedy, Campbell

Pretty close to round one I think. Hayward or Wicks would be the unlucky ones on last week's form.
    Last edited by wolftone57; 14th March 2022 at 02:15 PM.

I wonder if Cunningham may go with Whitfield for this game. GWS don't have a dominant small forward so we may use our other defenders to mark Bobby Hill and Tim Tarranto? Just a thought.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Great news....well done Paddy on your AFL return and all the best. Please be our new Reg.....you've started well with getting the correct number so I guess the Swans are hoping for the same.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Great news....well done Paddy on your AFL return and all the best. Please be our new Reg.....you've started well with getting the correct number so I guess the Swans are hoping for the same.
    Great selection. His kicking is going to take our counter attack to another level. Hope Longmire gives him full license to attack the corridor and do those long switches. Melican wouldn’t do that, making our football less attractive when the ball was in his hands.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast