Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1 v Giants

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Great selection. His kicking is going to take our counter attack to another level. Hope Longmire gives him full license to attack the corridor and do those long switches. Melican wouldn’t do that, making our football less attractive when the ball was in his hands.
    Yes, I think McCartin's excellent kicking skills are going to serve us well.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Good on him.

I was a bit ambivalent in the off season - but only because I'd never seen him play down back, so didn't know either way. I was also a bit nervous about the concussion issues, and partly because I saw a close mate's son have his sporting career derailed by concussion, and the ongoing effects ripple through the poor kid's entire life. But on that count, I guess I knew the Swans take player welfare seriously so was sure the right decision would be made.

Anyway, let's hope he gets a decent run at it. He's certainly got talent.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Great news for Paddy. It will be fascinating to see who makes our team for GWS and who misses out. A lot of competition for spots!

Veterans List

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Cal Twomey - not known for sensationalism - tweeting that 'a few Swans players will be unavailable for selection this week due to the AFL's health and safety protocols.'

No names yet but [insert swear filter challenge].

Warner out due to health protocols. According to Twitter. Doh!

Veterans List
    It's extremely annoying but it's inevitable. With health protocols loosening, it's basically a lottery now as to who's going to miss each week....for the entire league over the entire season.

*Sigh*

Veterans List
    What does Health and Safety protocols mean? Is Warner a close contact of a positive case?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Papleyv& Rankin the only outs. That is good

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    It's extremely annoying but it's inevitable. With health protocols loosening, it's basically a lottery now as to who's going to miss each week....for the entire league over the entire season.

*Sigh*
    How long are teams going to tolerate losing players each week before they bring back the hubs? My sons cricket team has two guys out through Covid this weekend.

Young, fit, social men going berserk with female admirers is a spreading risk and then the house mate gets identified as a close contact.

Swans need to ban players being housemates with each other and send them to live at hotels. It’s stops players being rubbed out through being house hold close contacts.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    How long are teams going to tolerate losing players each week before they bring back the hubs? My sons cricket team has two guys out through Covid this weekend.

Young, fit, social men going berserk with female admirers is a spreading risk and then the house mate gets identified as a close contact.

Swans need to ban players being housemates with each other and send them to live at hotels. It’s stops players being rubbed out through being house hold close contacts.
    Hooley dooley. There is a LOT going on in this thread.

And I’m not sure how old your son is but if there is a correlation between what you’re suggesting with the Swans players, and your son’s cricket side, then look out sunshine.

[QUOTE=i'm-uninformed2;839421]Hooley dooley. There is a LOT going on in this thread.

And I’m not sure how old your son is but if there is a correlation between what you’re suggesting with the Swans players, and your son’s cricket side, then look out sunshine.[/QUOTE

No correlation. My son’s cricket side was impacted by a school camp outbreak. More of an example of sporting teams getting impacted everywhere.

Without hubs and Swans players living together in the same house there is a far greater risk of Covid impact.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast