View Poll Results: Will you be attending the game this Saturday?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am going!

11 52.38%
  • Still undecided

0 0%
  • No, I can’t make it

8 38.10%
  • No, I choose not to go for whatever reason (eg bloody Homebush)

2 9.52%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you attending the game on Saturday?

I hope Buddy kicks his 1000th at the SCG in the 2nd round, as it would have a nice synergy with Plugger kicking his 1000th & breaking all time goal kicking record on the same ground. The SCG would hold a unique record.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I hope Buddy kicks his 1000th at the SCG in the 2nd round, as it would have a nice synergy with Plugger kicking his 1000th & breaking all time goal kicking record on the same ground. The SCG would hold a unique record.
    Yeah. I'm hoping for four goals from the Bud on Saturday, with our goal tally of 25 shared around the team. And then an early goal against Geelong the following week to get the celebrations over and allow the team to concentrate properly on winning that game too.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In all honesty I'm quite looking forward to heading out to Stad de Oz for a game. I have very fond memories of treking out there for games with Stella junior when he was little, he always found it exciting to be going somewhere other than the SCG for a game as a bit of a frequent novelty (he was always excited to be going to the SCG, too!). I'm hoping for a nostalgic evening including a chance to have a kick outside before the game, stroll around and comment on the comparative availability of sausage rolls versus the SCG and fierce discussion over the quality of chips. We might watch the footy, too.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    Interesting and good to see the much maligned but totally okay stadium resurrected so quickly as an AFL venue.
    I always though the idea of making it a rectangular only field was about as dumb a business decision that
    could ever be made, "Yep, lets spend tens of millions of dollars making the stadium less useable".
    Maybe the millions they lost out there due to Covid over the last couple years made them come to their
    senses.

On the Rookie List
    New screen released across the Southern end of Accor Stadium to be in use for Saturday's derby

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballinabenny21 View Post
    New screen released across the Southern end of Accor Stadium to be in use for Saturday's derby
    120 metres. Responses I've seen on Twitter so far include "can't wait to watch the game in 3000:8 ratio" and "think of all the gambling ads they can fit on that"

Not entirely sure what the point is, but I guess I'll see how it works on Saturday.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    120 metres. Responses I've seen on Twitter so far include "can't wait to watch the game in 3000:8 ratio" and "think of all the gambling ads they can fit on that"

Not entirely sure what the point is, but I guess I'll see how it works on Saturday.
    Let's hope it's not flashing away when the boys are kicking for goal at that end. From this photo looks to have the potential to distract!

Sydney Swans on Twitter: "Getting game day ready.

I find it a little difficult to attend games because I live in Laos.

I think I will go, although I’m not quite mentally ready for the season to begin.

Is the team mentally ready?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12