Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The State of the game

3rd time in 7 weeks that both Balmain and Randwick have forfeited Platinum Reserves. Hopefully the league steps in to help those clubs instead of fining them weekly, putting them on the brink of extinction.

Fines is a joke.

Assisting the issue is something they should do.

Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    Fines is a joke.

Assisting the issue is something they should do.
    I can't believe if this is happening. It would be more appropriate for the league to be fined the next 3 or 4 years of affiliation fees and umpire costs etc for the lack of services in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    Fines is a joke. Assisting the issue is something they should do.
    Totally agree and always thoughts fines missed the point. It looks like nearly all this forum are, or have been, directly involved in running a club.

The time and workload to run a club is immense and growing.

The pain on forfeiting would be really hurtling both Randwick and Balmain - I am sure both clubs would have worked their arse off in calling players to unfortunately have to make the demoralising Friday call that they needed to forfeit.

Fines miss the whole point.

Old puppy will love his rival if you call it that bats forfeited 19s tomorrow. Their model is working well

Magic calling for public donations to keep them moving along.....innovative I suppose

Hang on...aren't they propped up by AFL NSW/ACT as most of the squad worked for them during inauguration at Blacktown????

I am just wondering how invested the league is any club or comp not in Men and Women prems.

The last 18 stories on the news page of Sydney AFL are Premier-division related - reviews, previews, rising stars.

Why not mix it up? I am sure there are loads of stories from other clubs (hint hint: Dane Swan playing for SW).

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by geedoubleuess View Post
    I am just wondering how invested the league is any club or comp not in Men and Women prems.

The last 18 stories on the news page of Sydney AFL are Premier-division related - reviews, previews, rising stars.

Why not mix it up? I am sure there are loads of stories from other clubs (hint hint: Dane Swan playing for SW).
    I'm doing the previews this year, which they didn't have in the past. I'm not doing match reports any more - was too repetitive doing reports on games I hadn't seen. Served a need for a while, but not ideal. Lucas from the Kayo team is doing a good job with the match reports on the games he's broadcast.
    You'd probably have to talk to the AFL Sydney people; but it would be great if someone with a knowledge of Platinum Division would put their hand up to write something.

Certainly would be great if they could run something on Dane Swan playing for SWS.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    I'm doing the previews this year, which they didn't have in the past. I'm not doing match reports any more - was too repetitive doing reports on games I hadn't seen. Served a need for a while, but not ideal. Lucas from the Kayo team is doing a good job with the match reports on the games he's broadcast.
    You'd probably have to talk to the AFL Sydney people; but it would be great if someone with a knowledge of Platinum Division would put their hand up to write something.

Certainly would be great if they could run something on Dane Swan playing for SWS.
    It's an absolute Disgrace that they haven't promoted him playing in Sydney. Seriously i know we shouldn't expect anything different but if these people worked for private companies they wouldn't get past the probation period

Ask and you shall receive, post is up about Dane Swan

what is the general sentiment of playing this long weekend? Feels like divisional grades may be in a bit of strife fielding teams

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast