Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buddy 1000

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I won’t post it here as links from the SMH always seem to screw up threads, but there is cracker of a piece in the Herald today featuring Chad and Florent - from the spot up kick, to the scenes of chaos, to how they ended up outside. Hilarious from start to finish, right down to Ramps joining a picnic on the wing for a bit of a meat pie and Horse’s wife joining the stampede after a few lolly waters.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Come on Bangalore, I’ve been waiting all night for you to say another 9 year deal takes Buddy to Tom Brady’s age
    Aren't quarterbacks kind of like outside mids? ie stand around outside the pack waiting for someone else to give them the ball then
    they get all the glory for passing it up the field to one of their guys who has got loose and doesn't have anyone on him. It doesn't
    look that hard to me. No wonder Brady can still do it in his mid 40s. The Budster actually has to run occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I won’t post it here as links from the SMH always seem to screw up threads, but there is cracker of a piece in the Herald today featuring Chad and Florent - from the spot up kick, to the scenes of chaos, to how they ended up outside. Hilarious from start to finish, right down to Ramps joining a picnic on the wing for a bit of a meat pie and Horse’s wife joining the stampede after a few lolly waters.
    Great article, I wish we could hear from everyone. Bet Horse’s wife wasn’t expecting her story to be recounted to the papers!

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I like the fans reactions to Ollie and Chad roaming around Driver Ave, while they were still supposed to be playing a game. Though reading about a few people falling, I feel that we're very lucky that we seem to have got out of it, without some serious crush injuries.

By way of contrast, this is Dunstall's 1,000th goal, at a barely recognisable Gabba in 1994.

Dunstall on his 1000th goal - YouTube

And this is Ablett's 1,000th. More enthusiastic, but still nothing like Friday night.

Ablett 1000 Goals ][ Round 12, 1996. - YouTube

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Aren't quarterbacks kind of like outside mids? ie stand around outside the pack waiting for someone else to give them the ball then
    they get all the glory for passing it up the field to one of their guys who has got loose and doesn't have anyone on him. It doesn't
    look that hard to me. No wonder Brady can still do it in his mid 40s. The Budster actually has to run occasionally.
    Plus they have a rest for half the game when the Defence (or Defense) takes the field. A good earner for approximately 30 minutes work per game.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly19 View Post
    Great article, I wish we could hear from everyone. Bet Horse’s wife wasn’t expecting her story to be recounted to the papers!
    I think they've cut out the bit about Ms Longmire. Can you share please?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I think they've cut out the bit about Ms Longmire. Can you share please?
    Someone’s got a screenshot of it here.
    LeSwan James on Twitter: "These stories are absolutely priceless… "

Veterans List
    From the above link, scroll down to 'Anna's' post....lots of different angles of the kick and the ground invasion from fans phones to varying media commentaries......it's spine tingling and definitely worth a look.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    One of the things that makes Chad great is he has no instinct telling him when to stop, on or off the field!

- - - Updated - - -

And love the bit under where some guy rang into SEN to confirm the Ramps story, but said he knocked back a champers or beer!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast